Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Movement Issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Movement Issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Movement Issues - 3/24/2012 7:13:30 PM   
crazycaptain56

Hey ya'll! I am enjoying the game so far, but I am having issues getting my troops to obey my movement specifications. For example, when I select move fast and then tell them where to move they just take their time. Its getting difficult to properly coordinate an attack.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Evan
Post #: 1
RE: Movement Issues - 3/28/2012 9:07:09 AM   
molotov_billy

Check their fatigue - it has to be above 10 or so for them to actually move. If you've given a group order, and even one of the units has low fatigue, the whole group may not move (in my experience.)

(in reply to crazycaptain56)
Post #: 2
RE: Movement Issues - 3/28/2012 10:36:58 AM   
apd1004

APOS is not like other 3d tactical games where your troops do exactly what you tell them to do. In APOS, your troops will take cover on their own if they are threatened. You also cannot assign targets to units. You can give them target priorities and sectors of fire but there is no guarantee they will actually target what you want them to target if they think there is a more threatening or easier to kill target somewhere else.

You also might want to check to see if the cover button is activated. Lower right orders pane, bottom row, middle icon - the one with the trees. If that is pressed, your units will still attempt to take cover during movement, even when the fast movement icon is selected.

Finally, look at the parameters of your move order. Sometimes troops take a minute or two to get lined up in the formation specified. Fastest movement is column formation, tight spacing, single line, using roads (if road is present). If you specify line formation, multiple lines, and spread out formation, it may take them longer to get organized. Especially if the cover button is selected. They may even head in the opposite direction at first, but this is just their way of getting organized.

< Message edited by apd1004 -- 3/28/2012 10:38:41 AM >

(in reply to molotov_billy)
Post #: 3
RE: Movement Issues - 3/28/2012 5:13:41 PM   
7thcav

I found the chart on page 38 0f the manual helpful. I can't think of a time where I have used the fast speed yet so I can't say for sure how much of a difference to expect.

(in reply to apd1004)
Post #: 4
RE: Movement Issues - 3/28/2012 9:49:38 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: crazycaptain56

Hey ya'll! I am enjoying the game so far, but I am having issues getting my troops to obey my movement specifications. For example, when I select move fast and then tell them where to move they just take their time. Its getting difficult to properly coordinate an attack.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,

Evan

Remember to set the type of movement aswell by pressing spacebar! Also make sure you haven't got the covered icon selected man and tree I think it is.

< Message edited by wodin -- 3/28/2012 9:50:29 PM >

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to crazycaptain56)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Movement Issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI