Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!War in the West Wacht am Rhein AAR Deal of the Week Panzer Corps: Allied CorpsWar in the West will conquer your bookshelf!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just picked up the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Just picked up the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just picked up the game - 3/23/2012 10:22:48 PM   
Misconduct

Quite intense, seems to be a lot to learn, however the tutorial is screwed up on the quick battle section, keeps telling me to click a green square to deploy enemy troops but it gets hung up.

I certainly am going to enjoy this game, just started out simple with a rifle platoon and artillery unit, assaulting a hill defended by a russian inf platoon.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Post #: 1
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/23/2012 11:42:39 PM   
wodin

Remember press space bar to get a good selection of move orders!

My Tactical wargame facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/Tacticalwargame

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 2
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/24/2012 7:18:11 AM   
laszlozoltan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

Quite intense, seems to be a lot to learn, however the tutorial is screwed up on the quick battle section, keeps telling me to click a green square to deploy enemy troops but it gets hung up.

I certainly am going to enjoy this game, just started out simple with a rifle platoon and artillery unit, assaulting a hill defended by a russian inf platoon.

so how did you get it to get out of the loop ? I can t get it past the deploy stage

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 3
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/24/2012 2:21:41 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: laszlozoltan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

so how did you get it to get out of the loop ? I can t get it past the deploy stage

Use Alt + Home to end the tutorial, then you can deploy.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to laszlozoltan)
Post #: 4
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/24/2012 5:08:48 PM   
laszlozoltan

ok I seem to be deploying on the map but it doesn t leave that 2d map view and I am stuck in the deploy mode now. thanks for helping. I was really looking forward to playing this on my day off

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 5
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/28/2012 9:17:53 AM   
molotov_billy

Each turn has phases - once you've moved and planned attacks, hit the little clock icon (I think it's a clock anyway?) That will take you to the next phase at which point you just click on the little explosions that have appeared on the map - each one is a tactical battle that will need to be played out before you go to the next turn.

edit - actually, nevermind, I misunderstood you. Are you talking about the 2d operational map or the 3d battlefield?

< Message edited by molotov_billy -- 3/28/2012 9:19:11 AM >

Post #: 6
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/28/2012 2:32:40 PM   
laszlozoltan

the 2d operational map; the clock is greyed out and unresponsive; the only thing that seems to work as it should is cntl alt delete when I ve had enough. using w7 64 by the way. oh well. thank you for your time anyways

(in reply to molotov_billy)
Post #: 7
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/28/2012 3:57:46 PM   
Dima12345

Can you attach a screenshot while clock is inactive?

Post #: 8
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/28/2012 6:05:08 PM   
laszlozoltan

ok uploaded-(preview window does not show attachments, hopefully it worked though). thanks

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 9
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/28/2012 8:16:16 PM   
Dima12345

All of your squares have same side (German) so battle can't be started. You must place at least one square of each side (see attach). You can remove squads and change square side by mouse right click.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dima12345 -- 3/28/2012 8:28:25 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Just picked up the game - 3/28/2012 8:47:21 PM   
laszlozoltan

ok well that seems to have done the trick. thank you

(in reply to Dima12345)
Post #: 11
RE: Just picked up the game - 4/1/2012 9:16:10 PM   
Tejszd

Just picked it up myself too. Initial impression is a bit overwhelming with all the options and steps to get to battle but I then I have to admit I did not read the manual or do the tutorial yet.

The strategic layer is interesting and the tactical battles look and seem good. It can be tough though getting to each unit and then finding the angle and zoom level you want. Too close looks good but is useless for watching multiple units and planning moves while to far out does not give the detail of the terrain needed or let you see the models for gun/men/vehicles.

After about 4 hours of playing now I'm finding that each battle/game is getting easier and quicker to setup/start and when in battle I'm doing better controlling and using units.

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 4/1/2012 9:17:30 PM >

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Just picked up the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI