Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI not using all available production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> AI not using all available production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI not using all available production - 3/22/2012 11:43:27 PM   
AdamRinkleff

I tried to handicap myself by giving the AI 15% more production points in its capital city than I had. So I had 80'000 and it had 92'000. However, looking at the stats, the AI was averaging only around 40'000 per turn in actual production? Any idea how I can get it to actually build as many units as it can?
Post #: 1
RE: AI not using all available production - 3/23/2012 2:38:24 PM   
Josh

Don't know, what I do know is that if you set the AI to AI+ or even AI++ it will swamp you with more than you can stomach, you'll probably face Heavy Tanks II by the time you barely managed to get Medium Tank II  
IMHO AI++ ain't no fun.. too many AI units. I'd rather have the AI use paradrops instead... (but that's wishful thinking).

(in reply to AdamRinkleff)
Post #: 2
RE: AI not using all available production - 3/23/2012 5:37:10 PM   
Kraftwerk

Is it counting their PP production?

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: AI not using all available production - 3/24/2012 5:29:54 AM   
Ormand

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

I'd rather have the AI use paradrops instead...

And strategic bombing, aircraft carriers, and battleships that do shore bombardment. (but that's wishful thinking)

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 4
RE: AI not using all available production - 3/24/2012 7:27:18 PM   
AdamRinkleff

I don't know if its counting PP production. I just know that I'm trying to get around the problem that Josh observed above, by simply editing the amount of production by whatever percentage I choose. However, for some reason, it really didn't seem like the AI was actually using the production. I had multiple 100-stack+ units, and I was brushing aside 15-stack units and then looked at the production statistics and they were like half of mine even though the AI production should have been 15% higher.

(in reply to Kraftwerk)
Post #: 5
RE: AI not using all available production - 4/10/2012 5:47:07 PM   
AdamRinkleff

Here is a picture showing what is happening

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: AI not using all available production - 4/10/2012 8:03:39 PM   
ernieschwitz

Looks like an error in the plotting of the curve more than an error in the amount of production it is making. I mean, it drops off very sharply at one point... and then continues ....

Post #: 7
RE: AI not using all available production - 4/10/2012 8:45:09 PM   
AdamRinkleff

quote:

ORIGINAL: ernieschwitz

Looks like an error in the plotting of the curve more than an error in the amount of production it is making. I mean, it drops off very sharply at one point... and then continues ....

No, its definitely the production. Even though the AI has more potential production capability than me,I can totally outbuild it with units. You are right that it drops off very sharply, I just have no idea why. Its like the AI suddenly decides to set its sliders to 0 and stop building. I thought maybe it was because of a shortage of raw, but that's not the case since I tried giving the AI infinite raw.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 8
RE: AI not using all available production - 4/10/2012 9:47:46 PM   
Josh

Uh, I've never seen anything like that...  very awkward. Usually the AI outproduces *me* and slowly very slowly that AI curve goes down... but nothing like your screenie. So yeah, I'm clueless here.

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> AI not using all available production Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI