Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Campaign Editor

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Campaign Editor Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Campaign Editor - 3/22/2012 8:10:51 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

Does the Matrix edition contain a campaign editor? I found editing campaigns in the Gamersgate edition to be next to impossible.
Post #: 1
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/22/2012 8:25:51 PM   
Erik Rutins

We did not create a new campaign editor - the operations editor was developed by Graviteam.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 2
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/22/2012 10:19:21 PM   
apd1004

I assume then that this is the same version we have from Gamersgate with the additions of the latest versions and updates/upgrades found on the Graviteam website?

I am happy to see it marketed by Matrix because that will open it up to a much wider audience and in no time we will have excellent mods and user campaigns & scenarios as well as user guides, wiki, etc. I have been pretty loyal to the Achtung Panzer series since Achtung Panzer: Kharkov and have found it to have evolved rather nicely and it is still well supported by Graviteam (as well as it can be considering the language barriers). In fact, I would say that the language barrier and lack of wider marketing have been the only things holding this title back from becoming arguably one of the greatest WWII era tactical simulators out there.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/22/2012 11:09:17 PM   
Lützow

quote:

ORIGINAL: apd1004

In fact, I would say that the language barrier and lack of wider marketing have been the only things holding this title back from becoming arguably one of the greatest WWII era tactical simulators out there.

I would say it was rather the cumbersome interface in combination with lack of support from Graviteam. When Achtung Panzer: Kharkov obviously did not hit the expected sales rate, they stopped releasing patches. Acquired the game 2 years ago and I'm still angry about the waste of money back then.

No wonder Paradox dumped this publisher.

(in reply to apd1004)
Post #: 4
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/23/2012 1:59:24 AM   
rosseau

For $17 at release, AP Kharkov was worth taking a spin. As far as APOS and expansions, already got them on sale at GG.

(in reply to Lützow)
Post #: 5
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/26/2012 6:48:23 PM   
Misconduct

I give up trying to translate graviteam's russian forums in attempting to get this campaign editor working.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 6
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/26/2012 8:00:54 PM   
mbar

quote:

ORIGINAL: apd1004
I assume then that this is the same version we have from Gamersgate with the additions of the latest versions and updates/upgrades found on the Graviteam website?

It sure looks that way. Matrix is selling version 5.77. From what I've been reading in other forums patching APOS is not very intuitive. I'm glad Matrix has this title now because all patches are installed and any future patches should be easier with Matrix.

(in reply to apd1004)
Post #: 7
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/26/2012 10:53:59 PM   
apd1004

Patching the Graviteam version was indeed a PITA. Had I known Matrix was going to market APOS, I would have waited.

I had to apply the patches in a specific order and I had to search the Graviteam forums to find the correct order. Not only that, there is a patch and a separate "version upgrade". There is also a huge polygon update to improve the polygons around the village of Taranovka.

I will say that at least the game has been very stable for me and there have been improvements over the older versions.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 8
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/27/2012 2:36:46 AM   
milkweg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

I give up trying to translate graviteam's russian forums in attempting to get this campaign editor working.

They have an English forum too.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=89f98f3aca01217d64464352f638bcdd&board=13.0

(in reply to Misconduct)
Post #: 9
RE: Campaign Editor - 3/27/2012 2:36:04 PM   
Misconduct

quote:

ORIGINAL: milkweg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Misconduct

They have an English forum too.

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=89f98f3aca01217d64464352f638bcdd&board=13.0

thanks! I thought i found it once but lost it and have been trying to translate russian all day (seems Google chrome sucks at it!)

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7

(in reply to milkweg)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Campaign Editor Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI