Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

English Documentation & Tutorial

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> English Documentation & Tutorial Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/22/2012 8:01:00 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

I have Op Star from Gamersgate. I would purchase from Matrix if the documentation and the tutorial were written in the professional Matrix style.

Has the documentation been re-translated?

Does the Matrix version include all the DLC's released by Graviteam?

Thanks.

< Message edited by KEYSTONE07950 -- 3/22/2012 8:04:19 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/22/2012 8:27:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE07950
I have Op Star from Gamersgate. I would purchase from Matrix if the documentation and the tutorial were written in the professional Matrix style.

Has the documentation been re-translated?

Does the Matrix version include all the DLC's released by Graviteam?

The documentation was not re-done - but this release does include the 1GB+ of updates since the original release, so it's current with version 577. It does not include the two additional content DLCs. We plan to make those available later.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 2
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/22/2012 9:48:49 PM   
gunnergoz

Will the Gamersgate DLC's work with the Matrix version of the game?

"Things are getting better!
...Well, maybe not as good as they were yesterday, but much better than they will be tomorrow!"
-Old Russian saying

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 12:45:58 AM   
Erik Rutins

They should work fine as far as I know. We also plan to have the DLCs in our store soon.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to gunnergoz)
Post #: 4
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 2:20:16 PM   
vonRocko

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutin

The documentation was not re-done -

Regards,

- Erik

That's a shame, I would have bought it if you did.

< Message edited by vonRocko -- 3/23/2012 2:24:14 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 2:57:01 PM   
Txema

Erik,

Please, consider re-doing the English manual of this game following the high quality standards of Matrix.

I think that the English manual is the only problem that this game has currently. Moreover, the English manual is now outdated because it does not include the very interesting features added to the game in the patches.

The game is really good. It would be shame that a non-adequate manual could put off a lot of potential players here...

Like other players, I would also buy the game again from you if you re-do the manual.

Let this excellent game shine with a proper English manual !!

Txema

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 6
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 3:09:38 PM   
TonyUk

Just to be certain, you are saying there is no coloured English version of the manual? Then what is the point of paying another £6 for the boxed version? Is there a PDF English manual?

(in reply to Txema)
Post #: 7
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 3:41:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Tony,

Our releases come in three different variants where manuals are concerned and we have a reference to these on the front page of the store. The physical copy always contains a printed color DVD with your personal order information in a color printed DVD box - it works very well as an archival copy or for those who don't have a fast internet connection.

If it's a Digital Express Edition (like this release) then the manual is only available as a PDF E-Book.

If it's a Standard Edition, then there is a printed black and white manual included in the physical copy.

If it's a Collector's Edition, then there is a printed full color manual included in the physical copy.

Yes, this release has a PDF manual in English.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/23/2012 3:43:02 PM >

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TonyUk)
Post #: 8
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 3:52:13 PM   
TonyUk

Thanks Erik for your prompt reply. Just one other thing. I usually buy from Gamersgate but for this they are £9 more expensive. If I buy from Matrix can I re download if I need to as I plan to replace my PC later in the year. A stupid question - I assume the boxed version is a standard edition - the printed B+W manual would therefore be in Russian??
No collectors edition as yet?

Post #: 9
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 4:56:02 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Tony,

Yes, you can re-download games from us as many times as you want. If you are logged in with your site account when you purchase, the game is automatically registered do you and you can re-download any time from our Members Club. Otherwise you just need to send us a request via our Help Desk and we'll send you a new download link.

This is a Digital Express release. The manual is not printed, but in PDF format. The manual is in English, not Russian.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TonyUk)
Post #: 10
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 5:03:41 PM   
TonyUk

OK thats fine, about to buy!!

Post #: 11
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 5:07:44 PM   
TonyUk

Drat, you have added VAT on top. You should make this clearer. Gamersgate prices include VAT.

(in reply to TonyUk)
Post #: 12
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/23/2012 5:14:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Tony,

Unfortunately our store process requires us to add VAT at the end - we can't build it into the price as we don't know until later in the process where the customer is.

We are required to charge VAT on the downloads, but the physical copies do not have a VAT charge, IIRC if that helps.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to TonyUk)
Post #: 13
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/25/2012 8:34:15 PM   
kipanderson

Eric,

I am on your side and own some of your games. Command Ops is a great game to give one example.

But what was posted above is correct. Without a re-done manual, goodness... is this a hard game to get into. The manual needs to be written by someone for whom English is their first language.

You redo the manual, and I too will buy and recommend the game to all. I have read reviews from people who have put the work in and am sure I would enjoy the game. But gave up on my current copy because it was all too much hard work ;).

All the best,
Kip.

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 14
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/25/2012 9:16:41 PM   
shrek

I bought APOS in January and found the learning curve to be steep, but I got it after some trial and effort.

The "English" manual covers the basics but still has some holes and questionable translations.

One thing that helped me was to read the manual published by Paradox for a predecessor game, Achtung Panzer: Kharkov 1943. The system and UI is almost the same as APOS, and I found it to be very helpful in answering many, if not all of the questions I had about APOS. You can find the Paradox manual at:

http://www.fileplanet.com/209929/200000/fileinfo/Achtung-Panzer:-Kharkov-1943---Manual-PDF

< Message edited by shrek -- 3/25/2012 9:18:35 PM >

(in reply to kipanderson)
Post #: 15
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/26/2012 12:31:26 AM   
rosseau

There is also a 78 page "tactics" manual dated 1/05/12. Not sure if I got it with GG version of APOS or direct from the Graviteam web site.

(in reply to shrek)
Post #: 16
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/26/2012 10:36:21 AM   
apd1004

The tactics manual is from the Graviteam website, but I'm not sure if it is included in the Matrix version. It's actually written for Steel Armor Blaze of War but it uses the same engine so it works for APOS as well.

http://www.graviteam.com/Manuals/tactics_manual_eng.pdf

(in reply to rosseau)
Post #: 17
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/27/2012 8:52:35 PM   
kipanderson

Hi,

Thanks for the hints on where to get useable English write-ups.

I will persist with the game. I have read a review from someone I trust who described learning the game as “tooth grinding...” but once cracked a great game.

Thanks again...
All the best,
Kip.

(in reply to apd1004)
Post #: 18
RE: English Documentation & Tutorial - 3/28/2012 4:14:33 AM   
milkweg

quote:

ORIGINAL: apd1004

The tactics manual is from the Graviteam website, but I'm not sure if it is included in the Matrix version. It's actually written for Steel Armor Blaze of War but it uses the same engine so it works for APOS as well.

http://www.graviteam.com/Manuals/tactics_manual_eng.pdf

I have that game and their Steel Fury tank sim. If you are into tank sims you should buy them too because they are quite good. If it wasn't for countries like Russia we wouldn't get any sims any more because the yanks only care about chasing the dragon.

(in reply to apd1004)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> English Documentation & Tutorial Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI