Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Build up/Break down

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Build up/Break down Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Build up/Break down - 3/21/2012 9:48:45 PM   
stephen_gray98

I'm just running through the tutorial but cannot get the build up/break down button to work. It either tells me I can't break down the unit or does nothing at all. I've tried using the shift key to select several units and then try the build up key but nothing happens; what am I doing wrong ? The manual doesn't seem to have any real instructions on this.

SPG
Post #: 1
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/21/2012 10:05:00 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: stephen_gray98

I'm just running through the tutorial but cannot get the build up/break down button to work. It either tells me I can't break down the unit or does nothing at all. I've tried using the shift key to select several units and then try the build up key but nothing happens; what am I doing wrong ? The manual doesn't seem to have any real instructions on this.

SPG

I usually think problems steems from the fact that depending on side certain conditions has to be in place to make breakdowns/buildups.
Since the scn start as russian, i suggest that u try and move the guard div in hex x 85 Y 41 to X 84 Y 41. U should be able to combine the 3 divs in the hex too a russian guard corps. U can then break it down again and get the 3 divs, just to test it out.
Note that russians unlike germans cant break down divs.

Another thing is that when for example u break down a german div, it break down in 3 regs. Problem is that u have a 3 unit per hex stacking limit. So lets assume u try and break down 1 div in a hex with 2 divs in it. U cant as that would make 4 units, breaching the stacking limit. So in order to break down a german div is has to be alone in the hex.

Also when recombining a german div, it cant just be any 3 regs. It has to be the 3 regs of the same div. In case of the tutorial scn u can try and move the broken down 3 regs of 83rd german div into the same hex. Then they should recombine into a the div when pressing the breakdown/recombine button if just 1 of 3 units are selected.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 3/21/2012 10:22:58 PM >

(in reply to stephen_gray98)
Post #: 2
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 2:21:31 PM   
stephen_gray98

OK, thanks. That worked but why can't I combine X84,Y39 and X85,Y39 ? Or say the two rifle divisons in X85,Y40 ?

SPG

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 3:26:31 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: stephen_gray98

OK, thanks. That worked but why can't I combine X84,Y39 and X85,Y39 ? Or say the two rifle divisons in X85,Y40 ?

SPG

In order to make a russian corps u need to combine 2 inf divs and a rifle bde or 3 rifle divs. Has to be either of those 2 options.
So per "rule" that u need 3 units u cant combine 2 rifle divs in X 85, Y 40. U need a 3rd unit.
Now it gets tricky. Rule is again RIFLE inf bde + 2 inf divs. If u check the bde's in the scn they are all SKI bde's. Hench u cant use those along
with 2 rifle divs to make a corps, since its a ski bde, not a rifle inf bde.
When it comes to Naval bde's there are 2 types. Naval RIFLE inf bde and Naval inf bde. U can combine 2 Naval RIFLE bdes to an inf div and im pretty sure u can use those along 2 inf divs to make a corps. Where as u cant use the Naval inf bde's to combine into any thing. If u look at the OOB, the OOB for naval RIFLE bde is the same as a inf rifle bde, where as the naval inf bde has its own oob. So i assume thats the reasons for the difference in abilities based in the historical use.

No one said it was easy

Rasmus

Post #: 4
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 5:20:29 PM   
stephen_gray98

OK, that makes more sense now thanks. Is that in the rulebook ? I did read them but may not have taken it all in

SPG

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 5
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 5:30:19 PM   
Walloc

No im not sure its per say in the rule book. i ferget what i learned from rulebook, patch notes, trial and error and lastly and prolly most importandly from these forums. I know the difference in naval bde's i learned from the forums too.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Build up/Break down Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI