Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release date
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Build up/Break down

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Build up/Break down Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Build up/Break down - 3/21/2012 9:48:45 PM   
stephen_gray98

I'm just running through the tutorial but cannot get the build up/break down button to work. It either tells me I can't break down the unit or does nothing at all. I've tried using the shift key to select several units and then try the build up key but nothing happens; what am I doing wrong ? The manual doesn't seem to have any real instructions on this.

SPG
Post #: 1
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/21/2012 10:05:00 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: stephen_gray98

I'm just running through the tutorial but cannot get the build up/break down button to work. It either tells me I can't break down the unit or does nothing at all. I've tried using the shift key to select several units and then try the build up key but nothing happens; what am I doing wrong ? The manual doesn't seem to have any real instructions on this.

SPG

I usually think problems steems from the fact that depending on side certain conditions has to be in place to make breakdowns/buildups.
Since the scn start as russian, i suggest that u try and move the guard div in hex x 85 Y 41 to X 84 Y 41. U should be able to combine the 3 divs in the hex too a russian guard corps. U can then break it down again and get the 3 divs, just to test it out.
Note that russians unlike germans cant break down divs.

Another thing is that when for example u break down a german div, it break down in 3 regs. Problem is that u have a 3 unit per hex stacking limit. So lets assume u try and break down 1 div in a hex with 2 divs in it. U cant as that would make 4 units, breaching the stacking limit. So in order to break down a german div is has to be alone in the hex.

Also when recombining a german div, it cant just be any 3 regs. It has to be the 3 regs of the same div. In case of the tutorial scn u can try and move the broken down 3 regs of 83rd german div into the same hex. Then they should recombine into a the div when pressing the breakdown/recombine button if just 1 of 3 units are selected.

Hope it helps,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 3/21/2012 10:22:58 PM >

(in reply to stephen_gray98)
Post #: 2
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 2:21:31 PM   
stephen_gray98

OK, thanks. That worked but why can't I combine X84,Y39 and X85,Y39 ? Or say the two rifle divisons in X85,Y40 ?

SPG

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 3
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 3:26:31 PM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: stephen_gray98

OK, thanks. That worked but why can't I combine X84,Y39 and X85,Y39 ? Or say the two rifle divisons in X85,Y40 ?

SPG

In order to make a russian corps u need to combine 2 inf divs and a rifle bde or 3 rifle divs. Has to be either of those 2 options.
So per "rule" that u need 3 units u cant combine 2 rifle divs in X 85, Y 40. U need a 3rd unit.
Now it gets tricky. Rule is again RIFLE inf bde + 2 inf divs. If u check the bde's in the scn they are all SKI bde's. Hench u cant use those along
with 2 rifle divs to make a corps, since its a ski bde, not a rifle inf bde.
When it comes to Naval bde's there are 2 types. Naval RIFLE inf bde and Naval inf bde. U can combine 2 Naval RIFLE bdes to an inf div and im pretty sure u can use those along 2 inf divs to make a corps. Where as u cant use the Naval inf bde's to combine into any thing. If u look at the OOB, the OOB for naval RIFLE bde is the same as a inf rifle bde, where as the naval inf bde has its own oob. So i assume thats the reasons for the difference in abilities based in the historical use.

No one said it was easy

Rasmus

Post #: 4
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 5:20:29 PM   
stephen_gray98

OK, that makes more sense now thanks. Is that in the rulebook ? I did read them but may not have taken it all in

SPG

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 5
RE: Build up/Break down - 3/23/2012 5:30:19 PM   
Walloc

No im not sure its per say in the rule book. i ferget what i learned from rulebook, patch notes, trial and error and lastly and prolly most importandly from these forums. I know the difference in naval bde's i learned from the forums too.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Build up/Break down Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI