Norway 1940 scenario

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding.

Moderator: doomtrader

Peter123

Norway 1940 scenario

Post by Peter123 »

I have made a modification of the Campaign, to be played as axis against the AI; starting february 1, 1940 (with the Poland invasion and the Finnland-URSS winter war finished).

I have changed the Germany, Norway and danish events to make a different Norway campaign. I have made Trondheim invasion hex, and also increased the mobility of german units (thats a personal preference, no essential for the scenario).

The main features are:

1. Scandinavia attack and surrender events deleted. You must declare war as usual to attack Norway and Denmark.

2. Scripted allied invasion and control of neutral Norway, cutting sweddish iron to germans. Probability 5% every february turn, 15% in march and 50% in april and may.

3. Scripted allied reaction to axis attack to Norway. Any non garrisonned norwegian coastal city will be occupied by allies. Also allied landings and Norway's army opposition.

4. Control by the allies of any norwegian coastal city decreases the gains from controling Narvik by the axis.

The main impact in gameplay is that you as axis must execute amphibious and air landings to take full control of Norway before it is too late, and that while building up for the attack in the west.

download Norway 41 scenario

Installation: place the downloaded "norway 41" scenario folder into your "\data\scenarios" folder.

Below is a short A.A.R.
Sorry for my poor english.
Peter123

RE: Norway 1940 scenario

Post by Peter123 »

Just after declaring war to Norway and Denmark
most key cities are taken by landings.
Alesund group is destroyed by the Royal Navy.

Attachments
untitled1.jpg
untitled1.jpg (165.66 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Norway surrenders to Germany.
Allied reaction: British and french
landings, norweggian army units under allied control.

Attachments
untitled2.jpg
untitled2.jpg (153.64 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Taking control of the south with the landed units
but the main objetive is the exposed city of Narvik.

Attachments
untitled3.jpg
untitled3.jpg (171.23 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Trying to control Trondheim area quickly to support Narvik.

Attachments
untitled4.jpg
untitled4.jpg (173.28 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

The attack i the west begins.
Some air units and the best commanders have been
sent back to Germany for the offensive against France.

Attachments
untitled5.jpg
untitled5.jpg (487.84 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Narvik is hanging by a thread .
Land support can take weeks to arrive and the Royal Navy
deters ship transport, so the Luftwaffe seems the only hope.

Attachments
untitled6.jpg
untitled6.jpg (213.49 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Plans working in Norway and France.

Attachments
untitled7.jpg
untitled7.jpg (233.28 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Screenshot

Attachments
untitled8.jpg
untitled8.jpg (221.04 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

Armistice in France and Norway in the hands of Germany.

Attachments
untitled9.jpg
untitled9.jpg (172.64 KiB) Viewed 516 times
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

This is pretty close to the Fall Gelb scenario.

Most of our Beta was like this in the Grand Campaign where you have to fight for Denmark and Norway.

It was recently changed to simplify it.

I liked it the old way as you had to allocate your resources and divert troops to conquer these countries.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

Great work, Peter123. I wish someone, or you, would incorporate that mod into the Grand Campaign.

Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

I can do that as it was originally in the game before it was released.

This will solve the extra PP problem people complain about as you have to pay for amphibious units and extra troops.

You also have to divert your forces to accomplish this. You can easily spend 168PP in preparations. Then there is the cost of fighting and the diversion of other troops from France to the front.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

We're talking about two different things, Razz. This scenario that Peter123 has done requires his events, and perhaps more. I don't recall any such set of events ever being part of ToF.

Rasputitsa

Post by Rasputitsa »

Looks good, thanks for the AAR, very helpful.[:)]
"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

Great work, Peter123. I wish someone, or you, would incorporate that mod into the Grand Campaign.
Thanks Gw,this is the Grand Campaign version of the Norway scenario: download Grand Campaign 1939- Norway scenario; of course it is not a substitute for the original 1939 Grand Campaign because it is only playable as axis against the A.I.(to make a scenario playable either side is well beyond my skill). I have not tested this version, but I think it should work fine.
The biggest problem I see is the need of 7 expensive amphibious points for the Germans. Unfortunately there is not an event to give amphibious points, so I must give 400 production points in January 1940 to purchase them.
The side effect is that you can invest those P.P. into something (a lot) else, although I dont think it worth losing Norway. In any case, if you dont like to cheat the AI, just returns the points in case of not attacking Norway.
To assign 7 amphibious points to Germany from the start is another possibility with its own side effects.
Please let me know if you think a better solution.
Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

We're talking about two different things, Razz. This scenario that Peter123 has done requires his events, and perhaps more. I don't recall any such set of events ever being part of ToF.

Believe me... We had it. It might have been under the Fall Gelb scenario back in the TOW 2 days, but we had it. In fact, I'm surprised it's not in the Fall Gelb scenario.

If you are correct, then I had that modified two years ago. When my PC crashed I lost some data, plus also deleted allot of games where all that data was incorporated.

By the way... you don't need that may amphibious units to take Norway. In fact you don't need to add any extra PP's with Germany in order to capture Norway.
Peter123

Post by Peter123 »

ORIGINAL: Razz

Believe me... We had it. It might have been under the Fall Gelb scenario back in the TOW 2 days, but we had it. In fact, I'm surprised it's not in the Fall Gelb scenario.

You must be talking about something else, because my events or anything like them cant have any pourpose in the Fall Gelb scenario. A set of events about a preventive allied invasión of Norway or an instant automatic allied reaction to a german invasion of Norway havent any sense in a scenario that starts with Norway already invaded by the germans.

By the way... you don't need that may amphibious units to take Norway. In fact you don't need to add any extra PP's with Germany in order to capture Norway.

Again you are talking about a different thing because in my scenario you need those points to capture Norway and yon must get them for free.
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

ORIGINAL: Peter123

Thanks Gw,this is the Grand Campaign version of the Norway scenario: download Grand Campaign 1939- Norway scenario;

Thanks!

Could provide the ATPs at the beginning of the scenario, but then remove them by event after May or June of '40. Use them or lose them. The German player would have to know this up front, so he wouldn't purchase any more for Sea Lion till after the removal of the original 7.

Razz1

Post by Razz1 »

You are correct for your scenario. I was wondering if you were going to read that and catch it.

ORIGINAL: Peter123

You must be talking about something else, because my events or anything like them cant have any pourpose in the Fall Gelb scenario. A set of events about a preventive allied invasión of Norway or an instant automatic allied reaction to a german invasion of Norway havent any sense in a scenario that starts with Norway already invaded by the germans.

Again you are talking about a different thing because in my scenario you need those points to capture Norway and yon must get them for free.

Return to “Design and Modding”