Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/20/2012 6:25:26 PM   
Capt Cliff

I just got the Yorktown as a reinforcement and when it arrived at Pearl, and after disbanding, the VF squadron on board is low on pilots but I can't give them any. I thought that it was because I just disbanded the TF but now the next turn and I still can't give the Yorktown VF any pilots. I know even if my supply is empty I still get to option, all my Dutch squadrons are low but I have no pilots but I still can request some. Anybody seen this? Should I off load the squadron then see what happens?

Addendum; Another problem is that the number of planes seems stuck at 24. The pilot quantity was low at 20 for 24 planes. When I off loaded VF-42 to Ford Island I magically received 4 pilots so that now I have 24 pilots. VF-6 on the Big E has 27 planes with 36 pilots.

< Message edited by Capt Cliff -- 3/21/2012 5:33:49 PM >

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/24/2012 6:02:21 PM   
Capt Cliff

I still can't give VF-42 on the Yorktown anymore pilots. It's stuck at 24. The option to "get pilots" is not available. Any suggestions?

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/24/2012 6:34:39 PM   
erstad

I assume you've verified there isn't a fragment of the group elsewhere?

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 3
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/26/2012 7:24:47 PM   
Capt Cliff

Yes, that's the way it cam as a reinforcement on the Yorktown.

quote:

ORIGINAL: erstad

I assume you've verified there isn't a fragment of the group elsewhere?

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 4
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/26/2012 7:54:05 PM   
Alfred

What is the TOE of VF-42?

1. Check second line from top, left hand column, on unit screen.
2. Is there a white OOB button showing? If yes, you have a fragment somewhere.

Alfred

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 5
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/26/2012 11:40:55 PM   
jcjordan

I assume you've verified the max squadron size of the unit?

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 6
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 3:27:50 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: jcjordan

The U.S. Fleet CVs enter with a max squadron size of 27 for the fighters which expand later to 36.

If he has no fragement elsewhere he should be able to draw not only the 3 pilots he needs to get to max size but also an additional 8 or 9 more (forget the exact number) as all squadrons are supposed to be allowed to overload the pilot number well beyond the airframe number.

Hans

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 7
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 3:49:44 PM   
castor troy

always 1/3 more pilots than max number of airframes possible

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 8
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 4:19:30 PM   
Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

The U.S. Fleet CVs enter with a max squadron size of 27 for the fighters which expand later to 36.

If he has no fragement elsewhere he should be able to draw not only the 3 pilots he needs to get to max size but also an additional 8 or 9 more (forget the exact number) as all squadrons are supposed to be allowed to overload the pilot number well beyond the airframe number.

Yes my other VF groups are at 27, but VF-42 was at 20 when it entered. I moved it off the Yorktown to Pearl and the pilot quantity jumped to 24, the number of planes. I didn't and don't have the option to increase the pilot quantity. I made a screenie but it doesn't tell much. All my other VF squadron's are at 27 planes and 36 pilots, but for VF-42.

Attachment (1)

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 9
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 4:23:07 PM   
rev rico

Did you try going to the pilot dialogue box and clicking to activate them from there?

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 10
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 4:24:10 PM   
USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

Yes my other VF groups are at 27, but VF-42 was at 20 when it entered. I moved it off the Yorktown to Pearl and the pilot quantity jumped to 24, the number of planes. I didn't and don't have the option to increase the pilot quantity. I made a screenie but it doesn't tell much. All my other VF squadron's are at 27 planes and 36 pilots, but for VF-42.

There ARE 36 pilots already assigned to that airgroup. 24 are "active" and 12 are in the group reserve, ready to relieve one of the active pilots if their fatigue gets too high. The squadron is already maxed out on number of pilots, which is why the buttons to add more are disabled.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 11
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 8:34:21 PM   
wdolson

If you want to activate the reserve pilots, you can go to the pilot screen and right click on the greyed pilots.  That will move them to the active pool.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to USS America)
Post #: 12
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 9:21:55 PM   
Capt Cliff

Ah, ok ... I will have go into the reserve pilots because I received a replacement Aircraft bumping my total aircraft to 25, which will eventually be upped tot 27 then 36. Wow ... the micromanagement of these squadrons is something else.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 13
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/27/2012 11:01:34 PM   
jcjordan

IIRC there was a side effect in one of the patches that caused this behavior when a unit has max pilots assigned to the unit regardless if they're active or not the button is not there as long as pilot delay is not longer than 1 day. If you're one pilot short or delay is longer than 1 day you can get a pilot even w/ inactive pilots in the group.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 14
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/28/2012 11:48:37 AM   
HansBolter

quote:

IIRC there was a side effect in one of the patches that caused this behavior when a unit has max pilots assigned to the unit regardless if they're active or not the button is not there as long as pilot delay is not longer than 1 day. If you're one pilot short or delay is longer than 1 day you can get a pilot even w/ inactive pilots in the group.

Before that patch didn't the button used to still be active and it could be used to move pilots from group reserve to active?

After the patch the only way is to go to the pilot screen and right click on each individual group reserve pilot.

Hans

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 15
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/28/2012 10:34:06 PM   
jcjordan

I'm not positive on that but I think you've always had to go into the pilot screen if you've wanted to inactivate a pilot or transfer him out of the unit. Old timers disease could be affecting my memory though. If I ever get the chance, I could install an older version to see as I believe I've got most all the patches dating from original release.

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 16
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/29/2012 6:02:29 AM   
Capt Cliff

I am playing with the "official" patch not the forum beta patch.

Capt. Cliff

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 17
RE: Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low - 3/29/2012 6:17:16 AM   
n01487477

The official is now the same as the last beta patch 1108r9. There has been no changes since. Well none given publically anyway.

-Damian-
EconDoc
TrackerAE
Tutes&Java

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Yorktown Pilots Quantity is Low Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI