Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Noob counter question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Noob counter question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noob counter question - 3/18/2012 9:04:43 PM   
stephen_gray98

Hello all. I'm just getting back into wargaming after a while away and am a little stuck on some counter information I cannot find in the manual. When the other side have had their turn, the counter will show for example 1=1 or 2=2 or 1=4 and hovering over the counter will give again as an example (2/6) det 9, SP46. I presume the SP46 means it is 46 hexes away from it's main supply but I'm not sure what the rest means. Could someone explain for me please as I can't find it in the manual.

Regards

SPG
Post #: 1
RE: Noob counter question - 3/18/2012 9:42:13 PM   
redboot

I had the same issue. Check out "Unit Counter Info" under Section 3.3.5. The first number is the estimated CV; the second is the estimated CV with fortification factors. So 1=4 means it's a 1 CV unit with a +3 defense modifier. Approximately. There is also information on this for stacked units under Section 13.2.1. Hope that helps.

(in reply to stephen_gray98)
Post #: 2
RE: Noob counter question - 3/18/2012 10:09:36 PM   
elmo3

det 9 means the unit has a detection level of 9. Very solid info on it at that level.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to redboot)
Post #: 3
RE: Noob counter question - 3/18/2012 10:57:05 PM   
henri51

Note that you can change the info displayed on the counters in the preferences screen. For example I play with the numbers meaning Combat Value and movement points left.

Henri

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 4
RE: Noob counter question - 3/19/2012 2:00:57 AM   
redboot

But I think that only applies to your own units, not the enemy's.

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 5
RE: Noob counter question - 3/19/2012 9:03:51 PM   
stephen_gray98

Thanks to all; that clears it up !

SPG

(in reply to stephen_gray98)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Noob counter question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI