Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't copy file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't copy file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't copy file - 3/17/2012 12:08:33 PM   
onomastikon

I'm going to be moving to another country soon, and will probably need a new computer. I have started making backups of many of my documents and files to an external hard drive, including some of the games I want to keep. I could copy without a problem the return of the shakturi and the DW setup release 1060 as well as the DW-L-1076 update files, but I cannot copy the DW-Legends 1700 file, it tells me I have an "E/A" error. I am computer illiterate and do not know what that means. Can anyone give me a tip? Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 1:01:43 AM   
Kayoz

Can't you just download all the missing files again from Matrix?

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 10:13:56 AM   
onomastikon

I suppose so. I havent tried. I have no idea what my internet connection is going to be. Just thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 3:47:16 PM   
Kayoz

I'm not sure what an "E/A" error is (non-English OS?), but I'd guess it's an I/O error.

Check the original - can you open it?
Check the destination media - can you copy any other file to it (eg: a movie)? If not, then you may have a problem with your new external HDD.

Post #: 4
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 8:43:05 PM   
onomastikon

Thank you.
Yes, it is Windows 7 Home Premium, and everything is in German.
I was able to move my other DW files over to the destination without problem!

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't copy file - 3/21/2012 3:42:44 AM   
Kayoz

If the only missing file is the Legends add-on, then perhaps you might try to contact customer support or "members area administrator", asking them for a download link for the file.

http://www.matrixgames.com/corporate/contact.asp

They should be willing to give you a link.

It sounds like that specific file is corrupted. On modern HDDs, it's usually a sign that your HDD is about to give up the ghost. Probably best to burn all the files you need for DW onto a DVD and stick it onto your shelf for safe keeping, since your old HDD doesn't sound like it's very reliable.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't copy file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI