Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Can't copy file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't copy file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Can't copy file - 3/17/2012 12:08:33 PM   
onomastikon

I'm going to be moving to another country soon, and will probably need a new computer. I have started making backups of many of my documents and files to an external hard drive, including some of the games I want to keep. I could copy without a problem the return of the shakturi and the DW setup release 1060 as well as the DW-L-1076 update files, but I cannot copy the DW-Legends 1700 file, it tells me I have an "E/A" error. I am computer illiterate and do not know what that means. Can anyone give me a tip? Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 1:01:43 AM   
Kayoz

Can't you just download all the missing files again from Matrix?

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 2
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 10:13:56 AM   
onomastikon

I suppose so. I havent tried. I have no idea what my internet connection is going to be. Just thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 3
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 3:47:16 PM   
Kayoz

I'm not sure what an "E/A" error is (non-English OS?), but I'd guess it's an I/O error.

Check the original - can you open it?
Check the destination media - can you copy any other file to it (eg: a movie)? If not, then you may have a problem with your new external HDD.

Post #: 4
RE: Can't copy file - 3/18/2012 8:43:05 PM   
onomastikon

Thank you.
Yes, it is Windows 7 Home Premium, and everything is in German.
I was able to move my other DW files over to the destination without problem!

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 5
RE: Can't copy file - 3/21/2012 3:42:44 AM   
Kayoz

If the only missing file is the Legends add-on, then perhaps you might try to contact customer support or "members area administrator", asking them for a download link for the file.

http://www.matrixgames.com/corporate/contact.asp

They should be willing to give you a link.

It sounds like that specific file is corrupted. On modern HDDs, it's usually a sign that your HDD is about to give up the ghost. Probably best to burn all the files you need for DW onto a DVD and stick it onto your shelf for safe keeping, since your old HDD doesn't sound like it's very reliable.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Can't copy file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI