Replay Bug

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Zeta16

Replay Bug

Post by Zeta16 »

In the newest version is the replay bug still there? in my game as the Allies the replay showed be taking a base and then in doing the game turn the base was still in Japanese hands. I have run the replay twice to see if I was seeing things wrong and it seemed diffrent both times. Both times I took Milne Bay, but when I did my turn It was still Japanese. Also on the first time doing the replay I had a hurt CV that was not attacked, but on the turn looking at the comat report it was hit in a few strikes, on the second watching of the replay it was attacked and Milne fell again. So is there still a replay bug or am I seeing things, I can send in the 001 file and turn fille if anyone needs to see them.
"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan
CV 2

RE: Replay Bug

Post by CV 2 »

Replay bug will always be there. There are things you can do to minimize it, but NEVER assume that what you see as allies is actually what happened.
Zeta16

Post by Zeta16 »

ORIGINAL: CV 2

Replay bug will always be there. There are things you can do to minimize it, but NEVER assume that what you see as allies is actually what happened.

I know but I just have not noticed it since the new patch came out, and that turn with a base falling it had me a little worried. I mean I have done over 400 PBEM turns since the new patch and never noticed this.
"Ours was the first revolution in the history of mankind that truly reversed the course of government, and with three little words: 'We the people.' 'We the people' tell the government what to do, it doesn't tell us." -Ronald Reagan
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

Attach the replay save as a zip, and I'll have a look.
Michael
Zeta16

Post by Zeta16 »

Here is the 001 file
Attachments
wpae001.zip
(2.84 MiB) Downloaded 5 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

I ran it twice in a row and the report changed as at the first air attack on Milne Bay's landing force. Everything before this was exactly the same.
If I restart the game I get the same result.
Can I have the end of turn save that you sent the Japanese player so I can rerun it a few times to see if what results it produces in comparison?

This is not like a normal sync bug. I traced the randoms used and they are identical between the runs. But the results differed.[&:]

I tried loading the replay as not the Allied player (incorrect password), and its results match each time I ran it from a program restart and reloaded/played 3 times in succession. The results actually match those of the second Allied run after a program restart. Interesting to find out which 'results' is the correct one.

I replayed several successive times of Allied replay without any differences. But as soon as I put the wrong password into the replay, it was different - the wrong random triggered at the incorrect time.
Ummm. Sounds like that there might be variable being checked that could be different depending on whose side is viewing the replay. It seems to be around the air combat phase, as everything is same regardless to this point.

Tallyho. The hunt is on ...[:D]
Michael
pompack

Post by pompack »

ORIGINAL: michaelm

Tallyho. The hunt is on ...[:D]

All Hail Michael!! [&o][&o][&o]
Zeta16

Post by Zeta16 »

Here is the turn file
Attachments
wpae020.zip
(2.85 MiB) Downloaded 4 times

Return to “Tech Support”