Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D - 3/21/2012 5:15:36 PM   
Jorge_Stanbury

Thanks for the advice;

and yes, this time I am going forward with the game for good; I think I have enough knowledge at least to avoid doom

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 31
RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D - 3/22/2012 9:47:47 PM   
Mike Solli

An IJN Nate?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Stormwolf

what is needed are lots of empty TO&E slots that can be filled with rookie pilots

Created by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Commander Stormwolf)
Post #: 32
RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D - 3/22/2012 9:50:21 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jorge_Stanbury

Thank a lot again

and yes, I have been following Mike Solli's AAR... that is the main reason I am still in turn1 after almost a month playing WiTP-AE... only problem is, for my perspective is that it is not a newbies guide, his audience is people that fully understand the mechanics of the game; and I haven't seen a lot in R&D there.

For all those planes cancelled; would you still research them? if I am not going to use any 1E level bomber, it might be a better idea just to shift all those small R&D points to something useful

Another question related to R&D; lets say there is a group of Tonys scheduled to arrive in Jan-44; what will happen if I decide not to research this plane... will I still get the group without the planes? will it be then possible to change to a different plane model? I am playing PDU on

Thanks for reading, I appreciate it. My AAR is not a Newbies Guide. It's an AAR. I just like production so I tend to babble on about it incessantly. I don't produce any IJA 1E bombers. I do use all that I start with. Actually, I use everything I start with. The trash is used for training. I like the Mary and Ann. They carry a 250 kg bomb and are useful in China and for a while in Burma.

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 33
RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D - 3/22/2012 9:52:30 PM   
Mike Solli

quote:

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

The Nates are meat if it meets up with Allied fighters in equal numbers and sometimes less than. I haven't produced one of them instead have three factories producing the Ki-43-Ic . The Oscar isn't a war winner but it's the best IJAAF fghter available early  you need as many as you can get  to help grind down Allied airman .

As Oscars get in the air you have freedom to let the A6M's find a fight against tougher foes.

I agree about the Nate. As of early May 42, I have ~170 in the pool and I didn't build any. I use them for all my training Sentai. PDU on, by the way.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 34
RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D - 3/22/2012 10:17:22 PM   
SqzMyLemon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Solli

An IJN Nate?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Stormwolf

what is needed are lots of empty TO&E slots that can be filled with rookie pilots

He completely messes with the editor to give himself these fantasy aircraft capabilities, yet offers advice based on a mix of reality and make believe.

Luck is the residue of design - John Milton

Don't mistake lack of talent for genius - Peter Steele (Type O Negative)

(in reply to Mike Solli)
Post #: 35
RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D - 3/22/2012 10:30:49 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

Well the AE beta had a really thorough pilot training program

AE is a more about research and historical accuracy, and Scenario 1 is about perfect in terms of accuracy.

Remember though, after December 8, that history vanishes. So for Scenario 3 (non-historical one),
can have lots of empty slots available that can be filled by the player as they choose
(instead of pilots and planes sitting in the pools, without the slots to put them into)

My mod: If the player is given empty TO&E slots, they can be filled with any AC types you want
(for example if you want plenty of Emily patrols, the empty slots can be filled)

Made the planes also available for both IJNAF and IJAAF, so pilots can use any model you want them to
( I like the Dinah, don't like the Irving, so just produce Dinah,)

Remember, the slot is just piece of paper A unit is just a compartmentalization of equipment and personnell

Would like the japanese fighter unit size to be 81 (3x27 daitai) that can be filled as you wish

This is a minor gripe however, main thing is separating the aluminum and steel for japanese production

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to Jorge_Stanbury)
Post #: 36
RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D - 3/22/2012 10:38:36 PM   
Commander Stormwolf

quote:

He completely messes with the editor to give himself these fantasy aircraft capabilities

we all have played so many PacWar games and Witp PBEM matches,

sometimes i put my flight knowledge to good use and make some mods, to

1) satisfy my idea of what the mechanics should be for the historical game (lots of people do this for some reason )

2) generate some hypothetical designs based on what I would have made if I were in command

(and sometimes to answer questions, such as 1 forum poster asked :

quote:

what if the A6M2 had 4x12.7mm as armament instead, would there be any effects on performance?

I showed him the calculations and he said thanks (by the way identical except it lost about 3mph and 2kg more wing loading)

I argue the posts, but never the people who make them

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to Commander Stormwolf)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: Ideas on JP engine plane production and R&D Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI