Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

DBB Scenario

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> DBB Scenario Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DBB Scenario - 3/15/2012 11:30:23 PM   
Icedawg

I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on the difficulty level of downloading and running this mod. I just checked out a website where it could be downloaded from and noticed that some other program was required/recommended to download it. Just the fact that another program was involved got me feeling a bit nervous as I am a complete computer illiterate (it took me a few months to just get Tracker up and running properly - and I still don't really know what I am doing as I try to use it).

Is this going to be a project that is going to frustrate the heck out of me? Or is it worth it to have the added level of sophistication and accuracy it offers?

Before anyone responds, just remember, this is the guy who has to have his wife check the voicemail on his cell phone and open up books on Kindle because he can't figure out how they work.
Post #: 1
RE: DBB Scenario - 3/15/2012 11:42:47 PM   
DOCUP

I didn't have a hard time getting DBB up and running. I still havent figured out Tracker. The instructions are pretty good just pull up the instruction page and read it as you go the the install. I am also Computer Illiterate. Good luck. It is a different game. You will like it when you get it up and running. DBB team did good.

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 2
RE: DBB Scenario - 3/16/2012 3:41:25 AM   
JeffroK

As a brick carrying Luddite, I had no problems uploading DBB and after doing so Tracker ran OK for the first time in months.

I am in June 42 (Just fought Midway but in between Suva and Ndeni, same result!) and only have a few complaints (as always) but am enjoying the fact I have to work harder to keep the oil and beans at the front.

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 3
RE: DBB Scenario - 3/16/2012 6:11:31 AM   
jmalter

BabesLite-A might be your best bet, Icedawg. you get all the 'little ships', but it's just one zipfile that you d/l, open and extract to your WitPAE 'SCEN' folder.

BL-B, & DBB-B & -C, are a bit more complex, where you also have to d/l map files.

> JeffK - 'grats on your not-Midway battle!

(in reply to JeffroK)
Post #: 4
RE: DBB Scenario - 3/17/2012 9:54:34 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icedawg

I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on the difficulty level of downloading and running this mod. I just checked out a website where it could be downloaded from and noticed that some other program was required/recommended to download it. Just the fact that another program was involved got me feeling a bit nervous as I am a complete computer illiterate (it took me a few months to just get Tracker up and running properly - and I still don't really know what I am doing as I try to use it).

Is this going to be a project that is going to frustrate the heck out of me? Or is it worth it to have the added level of sophistication and accuracy it offers?

Before anyone responds, just remember, this is the guy who has to have his wife check the voicemail on his cell phone and open up books on Kindle because he can't figure out how they work.

Icedawg -

Welcome aboard, Sir!

There is some very good advice and guidance in this thread. Please be patient and hang in there; don't hesitate to post any questions you might have. This is an awesome community, the Pros are sure to help!

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to Icedawg)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> DBB Scenario Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI