Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers required
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/14/2012 5:00:04 PM   
ScottenChi

Uploaded file ScottenChi03132012.zip to Matrix FTP site.

In my current game, I've seen this happen a number of times, here's what happens:

1. I order fleet 1 to retrofit to current design (Fleet 1 is set to Manual, not Automatic). It moves to closes starbase, which often is the where the fleet is currently orbiting, as my fleets are normally stationed at bases.
2. Retrofitting takes place
3. Retrofitting appears to complete, and then fleet leaves starbase and plots a course to another starbase, often at the opposite side of my empire. Or, maybe 1/2 the fleet leaves on this unplanned mission, leaving the other 1/2 still refitting.

Is this something I'm doing wrong? Is it a lack of resources at the retrofitting starbase?

I can provide some basic screen shots to anyone interested.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/15/2012 4:19:42 AM   
Dracus

check to see where your lead ship is, the fleet will try to regroup wherever the lead ship is after refitting. I use this to refit parts of my fleet while the rest hold station at a hot gate.

Also make sure none of your fleet ships are set to automation mode. You can fleet ships and leave them in automation mode which will cuase some of them to go off and do thier own thing.

< Message edited by Dracus -- 3/15/2012 4:21:10 AM >

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/15/2012 9:04:23 AM   
feelotraveller

I wonder if your fleet is reverting to automatic after retrofitting?

Select your ships which run off and see if they have reset themselves to automated.  If they have you probably need to uncheck the 'constructed ships start off automated' box.

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/15/2012 3:55:56 PM   
ScottenChi

Here are screen shots. I don't think anything is automated.

Before:

After:

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 4
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/15/2012 9:07:12 PM   
Shadow Tiger

This happened to me in a very early game when I refitted my fleet of 2 troop transports. They were in their home system, set to attack mode, target only, automation off on both ships. After refitting I went to load troops and noticed they were zooming off to another colony I'd invaded earlier.

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/15/2012 9:10:46 PM   
feelotraveller

I can't tell from that.

Where is Danuur 2?  I don't see it in your screens.

Sorry I was not clear in my post above.  Check your individual ships to see of their automation is on.  (So click on each one in the fleet, or use the military ships screen and sort by fleet.)  Make sure there are no blue circles next to their names on the right of the screen or near bottom right of the summary window.  Ships can have individual orders/automation as well as being part of a fleet.

Sorry if it is not helpful. 

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 6
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/15/2012 9:48:51 PM   
Fishers of Men

This has happened to me a few times. Have you assigned them a home base other than Tuprawa? They might be heading there after their refit was complete.

Old............but very fast

Post #: 7
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/15/2012 9:51:22 PM   
ScottenChi

quote:

ORIGINAL: feelotraveller

I can't tell from that.

Where is Danuur 2?  I don't see it in your screens.

Sorry I was not clear in my post above.  Check your individual ships to see of their automation is on.  (So click on each one in the fleet, or use the military ships screen and sort by fleet.)  Make sure there are no blue circles next to their names on the right of the screen or near bottom right of the summary window.  Ships can have individual orders/automation as well as being part of a fleet.

Sorry if it is not helpful. 

Oh wait, so you're saying that perhaps 1 ship is automated (lead ship), and is flying the whole fleet to Danuur? I'll check them all.

HOWEVER, I played the save game forward again, and the 1st fleet warped a short distance from Tuprawa Junction and then stopped in deep space, not moving. It never made it to Danuur.

I'll check my save game again later when I'm back at home.

Thank you, you are being helpful!

PS I can upload the save game somewhere if you'd like to download it.

Post #: 8
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/16/2012 1:40:46 AM   
ScottenChi

Checked save game, and none of the ships in the first fleet are automated.

Here's one more image. I think the fleets stops as soon as the last ship's retrofitting finishes. I'm pretty sure this is a simple bug, easy to fix.

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 9
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/16/2012 2:48:27 AM   
Dracus

Ok i can see something that I am not sure is a bug or not. But you have your fleet based at world and you have protection set to anywhere they can travel. this works fine if they refuel and retrofit at home base. But if you have them doing this functions offworld then the action you are seeing sometimes happens. At lest every sample run I did appears this way.
If you have attacks occuring while your fleet is retrofitting, what will happen is some will attempt to join the leader when they are done and others in route may change orders and try to follow thier protection commands. if the leader is not in que to refit, it will take off across the sky. The selected target is either distroyed by something else or moves out of range and then the ships stop. then they will all attempt to move back into a group where ever the leader is currently sitting.

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 10
RE: 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own - 3/16/2012 3:14:12 AM   
ScottenChi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dracus

Ok i can see something that I am not sure is a bug or not. But you have your fleet based at world and you have protection set to anywhere they can travel. this works fine if they refuel and retrofit at home base. But if you have them doing this functions offworld then the action you are seeing sometimes happens. At lest every sample run I did appears this way.
If you have attacks occuring while your fleet is retrofitting, what will happen is some will attempt to join the leader when they are done and others in route may change orders and try to follow thier protection commands. if the leader is not in que to refit, it will take off across the sky. The selected target is either distroyed by something else or moves out of range and then the ships stop. then they will all attempt to move back into a group where ever the leader is currently sitting.

Well, at this point I was at peace (for the first time in a LONG time). And I thought the formation commands only took effect if the fleet were automated?

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.12 - Retrofitted fleets moving on their own Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI