Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Typo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Typo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Typo - 3/14/2012 1:18:15 AM   
Mehring

Noticed the game is giving me a 160th Rifle Division and also a 160*th Rifle Division.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson
Post #: 1
RE: Typo - 3/14/2012 8:32:27 AM   
Omat

Hello

As far as I know this asterisk means that there are two 160th Rifle Division on the map. I think this should reflecting that the soviets in WW2 also had units with the same name ate the same time active. ( I know the Germans also had once two 9th Mountain Division).

If you wait a couple of turns, the unit with the asterisk will get a new name.. you have to be patient but it will happen.

Hope it helps...

Omat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mehring

Noticed the game is giving me a 160th Rifle Division and also a 160*th Rifle Division.

< Message edited by Omat -- 3/14/2012 12:21:10 PM >

"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another."
Anatole France

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 2
RE: Typo - 3/14/2012 10:47:00 AM   
Mehring

That makes sense, thanks.

“The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.”
¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 3
RE: Typo - 3/14/2012 12:20:54 PM   
Vorsteher

The unit that would become the 89th Guards was raised in Gorkii (now Nizhnii Novgorod), Gorkii Military District as the 160th Rifle Division, in June of 1941. The component units of this new division were the 1293rd, 1295th, and 1297th Rifle regiments, and the 973rd Artillery regiment. The division was rapidly demolished in the early fighting, and the 160th Rifle Division (second formation) was raised at Moscow in November of 1941 with the same regimental numbers.

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 4
RE: Typo - 3/14/2012 1:54:02 PM   
Mehring

So if the Gorkii division isn't demolished in game, you end up with a 160*th Rifle Division until it's renamed?

¯ Thomas Jefferson

(in reply to Vorsteher)
Post #: 5
RE: Typo - 3/14/2012 3:12:26 PM   
elmo3

Not sure about this. One of the data guys will have to look at it.

We don't stop playing games because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing games - Anon.

WitE Alpha/Beta Tester

(in reply to Mehring)
Post #: 6
RE: Typo - 3/14/2012 4:41:55 PM   
Denniss

Some info found via Google:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=150399

WitE Beta-tester - aircraft data modifications

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 7
RE: Typo - 3/14/2012 6:09:53 PM   
randallw

There will also be a copy of an 11th rifle brigade.

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> Typo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI