Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit point costs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Unit point costs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit point costs - 3/12/2012 9:14:38 PM   
Ratzki

Just a quick question,.... is there a way to view all unit points cost in one list? Right now I am looking through the scenario editor at each unit one at a time in order to get the points costs. Is there somewhere that I can look to get these displayed all together, if not would it be possible to post a list. It would be helpful when designing a sceario to be able to have easy access to these.
Also, how are the point costs for each unit derived?
Thanks

< Message edited by Rick -- 3/13/2012 4:10:49 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Unit oint costs - 3/12/2012 10:06:24 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

Just a quick question,.... is there a way to view all unit points cost in one list? Right now I am looking through the scenario editor at each unit one at a time in order to get the points costs. Is there somewhere that I can look to get these displayed all together, if not would it be possible to post a list. It would be helpful when designing a sceario to be able to have easy access to these.
Also, how are the point costs for each unit derived?
Thanks

Ah, not so easy. I don't know of any place you can look to get a comprehensive list. I have a spreadsheet that has most of them, and I think it's fairly up to date. I'll see if I can get a list put together using that spreadsheet. It might take me a little bit of time though.

The base point cost for a unit is based in quite a few factors, including armor thickness (weighted for various locations), unit speed, unit movement type, the penetration of the units main weapon at different ranges, the unit ROF, the units effectiveness against soft targets, the accuracy of the units main weapon at different ranges, units size and stun value, how fast the turret rotates, and additionally for infantry units, the size of the unit (squad, or team), the units morale and ability to rally and if the unit has smoke available, and for units with AT weaponsm the weapon effectiveness at different ranges, and the weapons accuracy. A few units (not many) also have an adjustment to the final point cost based on special weapons or abilities.

In addition to the above, in each scenario, the actual cost of a unit may vary based on the turn and probability of arrival as well as the ammo level if I recall.

I'll see if I can put together a list and post it here in this thread.

Thanks!
Rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit oint costs - 3/13/2012 2:08:50 AM   
Ratzki

That would be great, thanks.

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit oint costs - 3/13/2012 2:21:06 AM   
Rick

I'm going to attach a text file. I have it as a MS office Spreadsheet as well if that would be better.

I've spot checked it, but there may still be some duplicates. If you see duplicates, you should check the Scenario editor. Changes in a units armor would require a point change, but often a change in gun data would affect multiple units, so we had several iterations of point calculations.

We did freeze the unit points at one point in the development since changing a units points can also impact scenarios due to changing the purchase cost. When unit ppoints changed we had to recheck scenario point allocations to make sure we still allotted adequate points to purchase the intended equipment with the normal setting.

Attached is the list - like I said, I did a quick spot check but there may be some duplicates.

Thanks
rick

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit point costs - 3/13/2012 2:42:16 AM   
junk2drive

Maybe someone could edit the thread title?

< Message edited by Rick -- 3/13/2012 4:11:15 AM >

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: Unit point costs - 3/13/2012 4:11:43 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

Maybe someone could edit the thread title?

and i even edited the title of your reply!

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Unit point costs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI