Matrix Games Forums

Hell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lost ability to build Cruisers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Lost ability to build Cruisers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/12/2012 5:26:36 PM   
Donchik

I've discovered that my ability to build a ship design has suddenly stopped. ie I could build cruisers, then a short while later I could not.

I've uploaded a before and after save game file and 4 screenshots to demo this bug.

All 6 files are prefixed Donchik-......etc

Thanks for the assistance

Donchik

Quote: "Three may keep a secret if two of them are dead!"
Post #: 1
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/12/2012 5:46:33 PM   
tjhkkr

Sometimes what I find happens is that if the design is automated or updated in an automated way -- the new components exceed the current size you are allowed to build.
For example, you have 10 lasers and 4 torpedoes... you upgrade and say the size of those components is larger than the older component... and the this leads to the ship size being bigger than the maximum build size is allowed.

If you look at the current size of the new design and see that it is a few points larger than the max hull size you are presently allowed to build, delete a few components, and you will be able to build it again.

Hope this helps...

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 3/12/2012 5:47:53 PM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Donchik)
Post #: 2
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/12/2012 5:47:08 PM   
blastpop

I had the same thing happen to me a month or so ago. At that time I was new to the game and didn't really think much about it and kept playing. Haven't encountered it since.

(in reply to Donchik)
Post #: 3
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/12/2012 5:59:21 PM   
WiZz

From topicstarter's save:
Maxos blasters on cruiser had been replaced by Impact Blasters

Questions?

< Message edited by WiZz -- 3/12/2012 6:02:02 PM >

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 4
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/13/2012 6:29:13 PM   
ScottenChi

I've found something similar:

If you try to manually upgrade a ship class, but change your mind and hit Cancel... the original design will be marked as Obsolete. You can locate in All Ships and mark as not Obsolete, and you're good to go.

Annoying bug I'd considered reporting.

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 5
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/13/2012 7:57:32 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: ScottenChi

I've found something similar:

If you try to manually upgrade a ship class, but change your mind and hit Cancel... the original design will be marked as Obsolete. You can locate in All Ships and mark as not Obsolete, and you're good to go.

Annoying bug I'd considered reporting.

It's been reported several times - this post, for example. Elliot has yet to fix it.

(in reply to ScottenChi)
Post #: 6
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/16/2012 4:57:36 AM   
michaelm

It would be nice if it could say why it can't be built in the warning  box and/or marked in RED on the ship design list.

Michael

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 7
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 3/17/2012 5:33:23 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm
It would be nice if it could say why it can't be built in the warning  box and/or marked in RED on the ship design list.

Excellent notion! And quite possibly easy to implement than some other ideas.
Another similar thought: when you click the auto update, let the game send you a warning message...

Excellent thought!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 8
RE: Lost ability to build Cruisers - 4/6/2012 2:48:59 AM   
Dracus

When you lose the option to build the cruiser. You can stop the game from progressing , open the ship menu and remove the Red star from the obsolete cruiser. You can build some more then restart the progression. The loss is due to some upgrade making them heavier then what you currently are allow to build. You can keep doing this until your tech reachs that acceptable ship weight.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> Lost ability to build Cruisers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI