@HMS Repulse

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Prince of Eckmühl

@HMS Repulse

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

No accuation directed at you, but when I click on your thread below my computer takes offense...

Running anti-malware as I key in this post.
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Prince of Eckmühl

RE: @HMS Repulse

Life is strange, indeed, but be warned brethren...

The OP below has but eight posts to his credit, and his thread is causing my rig some heartburn.

Approach at your own risk...

And let's not get taken down like Slitherine!
Prince of Eckmühl

You there, HMS Repulse? [&:]
martok

Post by martok »

Which thread are you referring to? The one with WW2 naval photos, or the one with WW2 bombers?

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: martok

Which thread are you referring to? The one with WW2 naval photos, or the one with WW2 bombers?

This one:

edit: Deleted link to apparently infected thread.

However, I went on to apologize in the same thread. I describe, briefly, what led me to post this thread. The only instances where I've ever experienced something like that was malware related. But, that doesn't appear to have been the case as regards to the thread in question. Again, my regrets to the OP, as he doesn't appear to have done anything wrong.
Prince of Eckmühl

Well, in my own inimitable way, let my muddy the water with the following:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1.1000
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2012.03.12.07

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
User :: USER-P45-GTX285 [administrator]

3/12/2012 11:27:08 PM
mbam-log-2012-03-12 (23-27-08).txt

Scan type: Full scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 307693
Time elapsed: 18 minute(s), 59 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 0

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1
D:\Games\CFS3\cfs3ktcs121b\V1.2 to V1.21 Update\cfs3ktcs121ud1.exe (Virus.Sality) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)
I ran the same scan a week ago, and didn't find anything.

So, who was it that was so ungraciously dumping on the graves of HMS Repulse recently? [:-]
Frohmankf1

Post by Frohmankf1 »

[:'(]Image
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

Ahh the dreaded sality virus. We got that one around work a few weeks ago. Big panic, endless scans and specialty exe's to kill it off. We won.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Prince of Eckmühl

Any chance at all that we can get the forum staff/admins to take a look at the links in the suspect thread?[&:]

Edit: and some of the new members, HMS Repulse and Frohmankf1, for instance. This can get pretty ugly, IMO. I suspect that my LAN is gonna be ok because it was properly patched. Others may not be so lucky.[:(]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I dont know what it is youre complaining about. None of those photos caused me any problems. Its possible that a virus could have attached itself to you from any number of sources.
Prince of Eckmühl

ORIGINAL: HMS REPULSE

I dont know what it is youre complaining about. None of those photos caused me any problems. Its possible that a virus could have attached itself to you from any number of sources.
Respectfully, Firefox didn't lockup somewhere else. My display didn't change color somewhere else. And the system didn't emit a high-pitched squeal while accessing another webpage. All that happened when I was browsing your thread on WW2 aircraft. One of the ways that sailty.virus propagates is through infected links embedded in posts to forums like this one. BTW, most people who acquire this little critter, don't realize that their system is infected, particularly Windows XP users.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Since I was running Ubuntu from a work comp when I loaded those I seriously doubt that virus couldve piggy-backed from there. It might have trojaned in from some other source because my home comp is XP and Ive loaded the photos onto it but there hasnt been an alarm from AVG about it. Usually AVG finds these from my experience.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Since I was running Ubuntu from a work comp when I loaded those I seriously doubt that virus couldve piggy-backed from there. It might have trojaned in from some other source because my home comp is XP and Ive loaded the photos onto it but there hasnt been an alarm from AVG about it. Usually AVG finds these from my experience.

I think I caught the Beet yellows virus from your links.
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Which one? Most of those photos Ive either had saved for years or some I loaded from wiki or collectors that have also had them for years. Ive examined them repeatedly but I have no alarms or viruses loading on my home comp at all. I would know it since this system is old and not virus-proof by any stretch.
parusski

Post by parusski »

Which one? Most of those photos Ive either had saved for years or some I loaded from wiki or collectors that have also had them for years. Ive examined them repeatedly but I have no alarms or viruses loading on my home comp at all. I would know it since this system is old and not virus-proof by any stretch.

I thought my JOKE would get a chuckle. I do not even know what the Beet yellows virus is. [:D][:D][:D]
"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

(Im only 20 years old. I dont get jokes yet).

Return to “General Discussion”