Matrix Games Forums

New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.7.0.12 Wonkiness with combat and pirates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.12 Wonkiness with combat and pirates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.7.0.12 Wonkiness with combat and pirates - 3/10/2012 9:42:33 PM   
Shadow Tiger

Got into my first shooting war with the new patch, and every time I blew up an enemy ship the fleet would just stop. 12 other ships shooting at me and my fleet wouldn't shoot back until I manually ordered it to.
This happened with my attack fleet on manual, whether I tried attack or defense postures.
It also happened with my homeworld defense fleet when automated. I had to take manual control then click ship by ship.
This was happening before and after war was declared.

I recall in .10 when my fleets were attacking I just had to manually click one enemy and the fleet would take care of the rest. At least those being shot at would shoot back. Some ships were point blank weak/strong, never flee (rail guns) and some were stand off always (torpedos). Plus a number of salvaged capital ships. Every ship in the fleet behaved the same.

Earlier in the same game I had built an armed gas mining station (caslon) in a nebulae. This station had been coming under pirate attacks but dealing with them just fine. Then I had a pirate group surrender to me, and sent one ship down to the station to refuel.

I didn't notice the ship had run out of fuel before reaching the station, and when I got a notice of an attack there I didn't think anything of it at first. When I got another for the ship I looked to find it sitting between two pirate ships and not firing back (no fuel). It was about 2 inches from the station so no help there. Since the ship had advanced tech I wanted to save it, so I paid the pirates off.

At this point the pirates stopped attacking my ship, so I was happy. Then I watched as they turned and started firing on the station, which didn't fire back. I tried paying them off again, no luck. I couldn't order the station to attack, or anything else. The station had lvl 3 maxxo blasters so the pirates were in range. It was as if the station didn't consider them a threat even as the shields went down and the station went kablooie.

This was my first long range refueling point so there weren't any other ships withing several sectors. I often pay pirates off when they attack a station that's being built and I have no military nearby. This is the first time they went and attacked the station anyway.

edit: I tried to attach the save file but it's too big.
edit2: Found the info for uploading saves. Uploaded as Shadow Tiger March 10 wonky combat.zip

< Message edited by Shadow Tiger -- 3/10/2012 10:09:05 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.7.0.12 Wonkiness with combat and pirates - 3/12/2012 9:50:08 AM   
michaelm

I find it strange that 'pirates' often have the state of the art ships and weaponry.
I tend to think of pirates having access to fairly common models, and then packing them with weapons generally available or with a few 'better' ones that fell off a hover-truck.

Michael

(in reply to Shadow Tiger)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.7.0.12 Wonkiness with combat and pirates - 3/25/2012 2:09:53 AM   
chrisianak15

I have been having the same issues with pirates continuing to fire on bases even though the protection fee is paid. The diplomacy screen does show it as being paid. Also where the rest of a fleet will just sit there while a hand full attack their targets, despite repeated commands to attack. Also had a fleet of 10 destroyers firing at a spaceport (sstart game tech) and only every 10 or so volleys would connect. It was naxxilian for reference. Didn't save the game because i was too frustrated with finally killing the space port after losing half my fleet only to find my homeworld port was gone.

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> 1.7.0.12 Wonkiness with combat and pirates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI