Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure where to post it)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure where to post it) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure where to... - 3/9/2012 6:15:46 AM   
Gas Can

I love those independent colonies resided by alien races, especially those already have populations over 1000m! But isn't it strange that they are not primitive since they have space tech? I do wish that there would be new primitive races still living in caves.

So you send a colony ship there and they would think you a god; Send a troop there and they would think you a devil. You can either guide them to a new era so they would be extremely loyal friends/citizens to you. Hey, maybe they would invent something unique! Also you could just enslave those pity creatures and have the development boosted, but don't expect them to be on your good side forever!
Post #: 1
RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure wher... - 4/6/2012 2:54:21 AM   
Dracus

I think have a sub set of races rather then the space faring 19 races would be a great idea.

(in reply to Gas Can)
Post #: 2
RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure wher... - 4/6/2012 4:59:58 AM   
Igard

I absolutely agree with you. It's actually been requested in both the main wishlist and the modder's masterlist, though no dev comments about it as yet.

Not really suitable for the tech support forum. If I were you Gas Can, I'd post this in the wishlist thread. It's been requested before, but no harm in doing so again. If there are enough voices then maybe we'll get it in the game. I don't think it would be a very difficult thing for Elliot to implement either.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 3
RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure wher... - 4/6/2012 10:09:33 AM   
ASHBERY76

Non FTl races that have special attributes would be great and a political system to match the concept.I think the big hurdle is actually the 3D art.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 4
RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure wher... - 4/7/2012 10:00:42 AM   
Modest

I agree. It is very nice Idea.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 5
RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure wher... - 4/8/2012 5:54:48 AM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gas Can

I love those independent colonies resided by alien races, especially those already have populations over 1000m! But isn't it strange that they are not primitive since they have space tech? I do wish that there would be new primitive races still living in caves.

So you send a colony ship there and they would think you a god; Send a troop there and they would think you a devil. You can either guide them to a new era so they would be extremely loyal friends/citizens to you. Hey, maybe they would invent something unique! Also you could just enslave those pity creatures and have the development boosted, but don't expect them to be on your good side forever!

I assume you mean something along the lines of Star Trek: BOTF?

(in reply to Gas Can)
Post #: 6
RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure wher... - 4/9/2012 6:25:26 PM   
Gas Can

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kayoz
I assume you mean something along the lines of Star Trek: BOTF?

Sort of. Got to admit that I got the idea from ST, but Voyager in fact!

< Message edited by Gas Can -- 4/9/2012 6:27:44 PM >

(in reply to Kayoz)
Post #: 7
RE: New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure wher... - 4/9/2012 7:15:26 PM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gas Can

Sort of. Got to admit that I got the idea from ST, but Voyager in fact!

In ST:BOTF, each minor race that was taken over conferred a bonus (sometimes to the planet, others empire-wide) and a minor-race specific structure - which had (usually) a similar but greater effect as the minor race racial bonus.

In game balance terms, this made certain minor races very important. Maintaining the balance, I think, would be the biggest issue of concern for any DW discussion. Technically, I doubt it would be difficult to add minor races.

(in reply to Gas Can)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Tech Support >> New ideas about independent colonies.(Not sure where to post it) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI