Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.06 Air Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> 1.06 Air Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.06 Air Question - 3/8/2012 5:34:54 PM   
vicberg

Just upgraded. I have 5 airbases (AGN) 2 hexes from the hex I wish to ground attack. 146 fighters are in one of the HQs at 1% usage. I click on a staging airbase and right click to ground attack and NO fighter squadrons are coming up. What's going on?
Post #: 1
RE: 1.06 Air Question - 3/8/2012 5:59:44 PM   
gingerbread

Ground attack must be first mission, i.e. 0% usage. Moving an AB will add miles flown and make the AG(s) ineligible. See 16.3.1.

(in reply to vicberg)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.06 Air Question - 3/11/2012 9:06:39 PM   
gids

dont bother with airwar ,dont know how they will handle it in WiTW but in WitE its something totally not dependable nor usable
in most of my games the germans only loose planes when they attack ,if you attack with 400 planes and they defend with 30 ,you can be lucky if the german player  lost 1 plane,and it prob was a guy with malfunction,alot of times it
will be zero or when i try to bomb the german spearheads like 5 times with 200  planes well dont think any AFV will be hit ,your bombers well that super flak :p does its job...this is no critisism towards the game because i dont think theres a better way to simulate it ,i do think the soviet pilots were a bit better for real then in the game :p
i played several games now and in 45 the germans still seem to have an airforce almost as good as in 41 and as big aswell almost ,so most of the times i leave all switches on airforce like they are  and forget about it for the rest of the war

(in reply to gingerbread)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.06 Air Question - 3/13/2012 6:44:58 AM   
dontra85

if you use the bombers to bomb on the first turn concentrate on hq's units. you can kill AFV but more importantly artillery. use both day and night bombing.

(in reply to gids)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> 1.06 Air Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI