PC Manual

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

genehaynes

PC Manual

Post by genehaynes »

Considering all of the discussion re: "Persistent AP's", is there any chance of posting the PC manual for dowload? I've downloaded and read the boardgame rules for both AtB and SoS. I'm curious about which rule set, if any, the PC version will most resemble.

For example, there was a question posted in the "Persistent Action points" thread about the need for opportunity action since it seems you can now activate a unit in response to an action by your opponent.

I think a peek at the PC manual would be helpful to answer a lot of the questions about changes to the board game rules. I understand there may be changes to the manual, but we would at least get the gist of how the game is played on the PC.

BTW, I am planning to buy as soon as the game is available:)
Gil R.

RE: PC Manual

Post by Gil R. »

No, it's against Matrix policy to release manuals in this manner. But I'm sure that as soon as the game is for sale someone will type out that rule verbatim, so you should just hang in there.
Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

On that note; will there be a physical copy of the manual available or just the PDF?
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
genehaynes

Post by genehaynes »

Gil R.

Thanks for the reply. I'm anxiously waiting the release:)
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Hi guys,

The physical copy will come with a full color printed manual and we will release some sections as previews ahead of time.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
vonRocko

Post by vonRocko »

Ken7

Post by Ken7 »

Hi Erik. Teaser...thats what you areeeeeeee.. Teaser. I am looking forward to this game.. I just hope the A.I. is up to snuff. [&o]
Ken7
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Would it be safe to assume that this applies to the Academy version as well (if pre-ordered through their site)?
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Yes, the physical copies sold through Academy Games will be the same as those sold through the Matrix and Slitherine online stores.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Thank you Erik. I really believe Matrix may have hit pay dirt with this choice and I am hopeful that this is the first of many boardgame ports. This is the first title I have been this excited about in many, many years. Kudos Matrix!

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”