Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Army/Front Organization

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Army/Front Organization Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Army/Front Organization - 3/7/2012 10:39:19 PM   
AFV

Is there any point to assigning Armies to Fronts?
Do you lose any advantage just leaving them assigned to STAVKA?

Once you do assign an Army to a Front, it is there forever, unless you want to spend an inordinate amount of AP points moving it.
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Army/Front Organization - 3/7/2012 11:04:23 PM   
pompack

You lose the entire second level of rolls. Bad business unless your fronts are badly overloaded.

Oh and you also loose close air support inless all of the air commands are also attached to STAVKA which means they also loose second level rolls.

< Message edited by pompack -- 3/7/2012 11:05:44 PM >

(in reply to AFV)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Army/Front Organization - 3/7/2012 11:17:58 PM   
Aurelian

You could always tranfer the armiy's divisions to STAVKA by themselves, then to a different one.

Might be cheaper.

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Army/Front Organization - 3/8/2012 12:22:27 AM   
pompack

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

You could always tranfer the armiy's divisions to STAVKA by themselves, then to a different one.

Might be cheaper.

Yep

Since you never have enough Fronts for all of the Armies you need, I leave them where they end up and shift the units around. By going from Front to Stavka to Front, you can always transfer divisions for one AP total and corps for half price. This means you can move 20 points of divisions for 10 AP and 20 points of corps for 30AP; since corps and divisions are pretty much interchangable except for Guards units, it is rarely necessary to move all of them anyway.

The exceptions are the Shock Armies and later the Guards Armies. I generally treat them the same way because it is just so expensive to change Armies around.

And yes, this is hardly historical in Soviet practice. They typically moved whole armies into STAVKA reserve and then allocated them to new Fronts.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 4
RE: Soviet Army/Front Organization - 3/8/2012 1:44:40 AM   
Aurelian

Maybe cheaper to just build a new army then transfer the now empty army?

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 5
RE: Soviet Army/Front Organization - 3/8/2012 2:15:44 AM   
Farfarer

Hmmm... now I'm thinking of disbanding every HQ on the board except STAVKA or OKH and trying it out...could be fun!

Separate observation, if you do the mass pre-41 winter retreat option for the Axis, the AI eventually dismisses your senior commanders due to inaction with atendant AP costs to reinstate the A team. I imagine before the recent patches they would have been shot. Now that I've mentioned this, I assume executions from 22 Jun 41 will be re-instituted in a pacth to stop "a-historical play". Of course permitting pocketed Red Army units to select 'surrender' would be fine with Stalin... just sayin'...

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Soviet Army/Front Organization Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI