Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I thought this was not possible

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> I thought this was not possible Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I thought this was not possible - 3/7/2012 8:36:58 PM   
heliodorus04

Two points:

On the possible bug front, I thought 0-0 units were not allowed to enter hexes next to enemy units, but in my current vs. AI game, I am seeing it happen routinely. Screenshot of two examples provided.

Also in the same screen shot you can see the AI being worthless in defense of his airfields. Notice how, at the start of my turn (no Finns have moved yet), the Soviet AI simply left air bases out where they can be quite easily over-run, with no attempt whatsoever to avoid displacement with even a token SEC unit for protection.

Awhile back, when the AI changes were made, we were asked to provide examples of this kind of thing, so here is an example, along with my anecdote that I am seeing this every single turn by the AI.

1.06.04 game started under 1.06

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by heliodorus04 -- 3/7/2012 8:37:29 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: I thought this was not possible - 3/7/2012 8:44:33 PM   
Helpless

0=0 units may not enter hexes near the enemy units, but they may end up there after the logistic phase attrition.

Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW Development

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 2
RE: I thought this was not possible - 3/7/2012 11:16:20 PM   
Marquo

And if you attack them, they vaporize at absolutely no cost to the attacker.

Marquo

(in reply to Helpless)
Post #: 3
RE: I thought this was not possible - 3/8/2012 3:12:07 AM   
heliodorus04

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marquo

Marquo

That is not exactly what I'm experiencing. In the above screen shot, the 2-unit stack 13-36 (NW of the SS Totenkopf) was unable to attack the 0-0 next to it, but Totenkopf was able to attack both.

SW of the 3-12 Rifle division sits another 0-0 Soviet Rifle division, and when an adjacent unit of 16.Army attacked that unit, it actually moved 2 hexes rather than attack (1 hex to exit other units' ZOC, and then 1 hex into the 0-0 counter's hex). Suffice it to say that this cost me MPs that I did not want to spend, and this is inconsistent with Totenkopf, which attacked the hexes, complete with combat dialogue box opening, and did not enter the hex (perhaps because of it's low MP).

Suffice it to say that this particular inconsistency had a negative impact on my turn, as I did not expect, nor want, the 16.Army infantry division to move...

(in reply to Marquo)
Post #: 4
RE: I thought this was not possible - 3/8/2012 11:20:17 PM   
traemyn

quote:

ORIGINAL: heliodorus04

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marquo

Marquo

That is not exactly what I'm experiencing. In the above screen shot, the 2-unit stack 13-36 (NW of the SS Totenkopf) was unable to attack the 0-0 next to it, but Totenkopf was able to attack both.

SW of the 3-12 Rifle division sits another 0-0 Soviet Rifle division, and when an adjacent unit of 16.Army attacked that unit, it actually moved 2 hexes rather than attack (1 hex to exit other units' ZOC, and then 1 hex into the 0-0 counter's hex). Suffice it to say that this cost me MPs that I did not want to spend, and this is inconsistent with Totenkopf, which attacked the hexes, complete with combat dialogue box opening, and did not enter the hex (perhaps because of it's low MP).

Suffice it to say that this particular inconsistency had a negative impact on my turn, as I did not expect, nor want, the 16.Army infantry division to move...

I've seen the same behavior where some units move into the 0=0's hex, others attack, and some cannot do either. I don't have a save currently but will try catch it if I see it again.

(in reply to heliodorus04)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> I thought this was not possible Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI