Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

deployment issues

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> deployment issues Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
deployment issues - 3/7/2012 11:43:49 AM   
ian von t

Hi there

am in the good position of having more units than i can deploy in a scenario, how can i select the ones i dont wish to deploy? the game appears to select them at random!

regards ian
Post #: 1
RE: deployment issues - 3/7/2012 12:17:58 PM   
RPKUPK

The way I understand it is YOU have full control (after the very first scenario) of selecting which units to field at deployment. If you have fielded a wrong choice simply select the unit deployed and right click it back to the deployment unit lineup. I do this all the time when I realize I have fielded a unit that was not fully repaired to full strength or one that was not fully upgraded.
I think it is a good idea to pick one or two inexperienced units (that were given to you by high command or as captured units) to field so they earn experience. It seems most if not all scenarios do not allow you to field ALL units at deployment. Perhaps this is done as play balance or simply means that down the line these reserve units may be deployable, I don't know. One thing we know and that is special units gifted (SE units) do not count against the number of units to deploy. These units and it seems captured units are number one targets for the AI to gang attack and destroy so you should keep a close eye on them and protect them. This goes for the most inexperienced no-star/low-star units too.
It would be nice if game designers would allow or schedule one or two reserve units to appear during a scenario as surprise reinforcements.

(in reply to ian von t)
Post #: 2
RE: deployment issues - 3/7/2012 12:28:20 PM   
ian von t

thats my point, when you have too many units is there any way to choose the ones you dont deploy?

(in reply to RPKUPK)
Post #: 3
RE: deployment issues - 3/7/2012 12:53:05 PM   
Max 86

Not sure why you need to select non-deployed units but when deploying, I select the unit to deploy and then select the spot on the map to place it. Those units left over are not allowed to be deployed unless you lose a unit in battle and a deployment slot opens up. Then you can deploy one of the non-deployed unit.

No problem Chief!

(in reply to ian von t)
Post #: 4
RE: deployment issues - 3/7/2012 1:12:12 PM   
ian von t

seems youre all missing my point
for simplicitys sake i have 10 x panzer unit and 10 x infantry, 9 of each are good experienced units...the scenario allows 18 core slots, so have to not deploy 2 units......at present the computer randomly picks two which i cannot deploy (it doesnt allow deployment!) but i would want to choose the two inexperienced unit...how do i do it....thats the problem folks

(in reply to Max 86)
Post #: 5
RE: deployment issues - 3/7/2012 2:10:11 PM   
VPaulus

Sorry but I still don't get your point.
The deployment phase is only at the beginning of the scenario. And there's no randomness. You select the units that will constitute your core for that scenario. Like Max 86 said, only if you loose or disband one unit, you can replace that with one of your reserve units. There's no more unit deployment in the scenario.

(in reply to ian von t)
Post #: 6
RE: deployment issues - 3/7/2012 2:16:20 PM   
ian von t

am i palying a different game, ?????? im in the middle of the 43 extension, have over 35 core units, i'll explain it simpler see if it helps 8)
1 in the deployment phase i go through all my units and bring them up to strength....
2 i then start selecting the units and their locations on the map
3 if for example i have 35 units and the game only allows you to deploy 30 units leaving 5 in reserve...the game appears to pick the units i cannot deploy...it does this by not showing the lit areas on the map

is that easier to follow?
cheers ian whew!

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 7
RE: deployment issues - 3/7/2012 7:58:10 PM   
Tomokatu

That sounds like an issue with the available deployment sites, rather than with the units.
Yes, you can only deploy into the highlighted hexes. Usually, that's a city/town hex plus adjacent.

Let's examine a hypothetical case.
You have ten units. but there are only two deployment sites.
You can deploy any of your ten units into those hexes, switching the units from the deployment pool by left- and right-clicking until you're satisfied with the choice but the maximum number of units you can have in the scenario is two. That's limited by the initial deployment sites available to you.

Ignoring air assets because they can be stacked with ground/naval in the same initial deployment hexes.

Does that help?

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

(in reply to ian von t)
Post #: 8
RE: deployment issues - 5/28/2012 3:25:15 PM   
artofwar85

ian vot t This is what you do Hope I got this right ok

you could play the tutorial there is a "deployment" phase there with some pop ups you can read or you could go to the manual page 14,15 and read about unit list and reserve list. I found it confusing too. ok main thing is right mouse click a unit you do not want deployed that is deployed this I think only works if it is a unit YOU have placed into a depolyment hex not one the pc puts there when the Placement scree opens. Anyway, I think what you want to know is that make sure your units show up on a list manual page 14, 15 you may have to click on the unit list BUTTON or the Reserves list BUTTON ok now when they are shown on the list

CLICK on a unit in the list it barely highlights the unit but THIS is THE unit that will be placed wherever you place it. It can only be placed in the highlighted areas it shows you. In event it is an air unit it will show highlighted placement areas on the map or other highlighted areas for ground units. Ok now click on the next unit in the list you want to place do not click on the map thinking the unit you want to be placed will be placed.

ALSO first upgrade a unit or strengthen it or both before placing it. YOU do THIS by FIRST clicking on the unit in the list. GO TO manual page 14 see the LIST of infantry at bottom of page 5 infantry units shown and a tank I think under them .... This shows a list of units and the top infantry unit must have been clicked on cause its highlighted. hit me back if this is not what you need

(in reply to Tomokatu)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Tech Support >> deployment issues Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI