Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

A/C elements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A/C elements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
A/C elements - 3/7/2012 8:55:14 AM   
Chris H

What happens to them if the parent unit is destroyed?
Post #: 1
RE: A/C elements - 3/7/2012 2:11:36 PM   
crsutton

They can never take replacments or expand back to full strength. Best to put them in a base with another squadron that has the same aircraft and then disband them. The planes will be saved and placed in the other squadron and you can then purchase the air unit back to appear in about six months.

Use them up if you need them but disbanding usually is the end result.

Likewise if you have a detachment and a parent unit at different spots you can just disband the detachment and the parent unit will automatically be able to fill up to full strength. Took me a while to figure that out.

I am the Holy Roman Emperor and am above grammar.

Sigismund of Luxemburg

(in reply to Chris H)
Post #: 2
RE: A/C elements - 3/7/2012 10:57:35 PM   
jcjordan

Remember also that the parent can possibly be bought out of the destroyed airgroup menu (may be some months till it comes available though) so could be recombined at some point else just disband it somewhere into another unit w/ the same a/c or at a base where the a/c will go into the pool & not be destroyed

(in reply to crsutton)
Post #: 3
RE: A/C elements - 3/8/2012 12:29:05 AM   
Justus2

So if you disband an Air unit at a base with other air units that use the same airframe, they go straight to that unit? I thought they always went into the pool first. I will have to try that!

Currently Playing:
War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition (learning, not really playing ;) )
LST 325 Fanboy!

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 4
RE: A/C elements - 3/8/2012 12:53:25 AM   
jcjordan

If there's more than 1 unit w/ the same type at the base, it will ask you which one you want them to go to else if none, depending on supply/hq range/etc, the a/c will be destroyed or go into the pool & appear over the next several days to be used.

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> A/C elements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI