Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/6/2012 7:57:05 AM   
chrisol

Hi,

I've got a problem with some Task Forces stuck in the off-map transit hex that points towards Aden. It may have happened when applying the recent patch (I only noticed it subsequently). All help gratefully received... particularly as one of the Destroyers stuck needs to be withdrawn soon !

More details:

6 TFs are stuck in the hex. They show red endurance levels and don't seem to be moving anywhere. There isn't an arrival time on the mouseover, or in the TF window. I can change the destination to an on-map hex but it reverts back to the original destination by the next turn... I can't change the destination to a different off-map hex, or change the Home Port.

Oddly all but one of the TFs have Abadan as the destination not Aden, even though they are in the travelling-to-Aden box.

Let me try to add a couple of pictures to illustrate...
Many thanks for any help (either how to get them moving or any way of just shifting them to a port)

Chris

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/6/2012 7:57:51 AM   
chrisol

And one more picture to illustrate a TF (they are all similar except one is supposed to be going to Aden but isn't !)

Thanks
chris

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 2
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/6/2012 7:58:27 AM   
chrisol

Many thanks for looking - any suggestions or assistance much appreciated,
Chris

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 3
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/6/2012 2:01:43 PM   
Charbroiled

Did you change the TF's destination once it was already moving off board? Usually bad things happen when you do that.

"When I said I would run, I meant 'away' ". - Orange

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 4
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/6/2012 2:16:23 PM   
chrisol

Good question, and I'm not sure originally but think probably not... They are fairly straightforward cargo TFs that just need to go from A to B without me thinking about them.

On the other hand I definitely have tried to reroute them since I realized they were stuck... It will only accept an on map destination that then resets, but I may have made things worse by doing so !

If I had precipitated "bad things" is there a way out of it ?

Thanks
Chris

(in reply to Charbroiled)
Post #: 5
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/6/2012 3:46:14 PM   
pompack

I have noticed that if you try to go directly fron the Mid-East ports to or from Cape Town that the endurance requirement is set to extremely high numbers; giving the TF and intermediate destination that is on the map (one hex from Socotra Island will work) the red numbers disappear.

Now once you are on the way, I am not sure what to do. I would recommend watching it for a while and seeing if the days remaining decreases; if it does not the only option would be to change the destination to an on-map location and hope for the best

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 6
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/6/2012 8:08:21 PM   
chrisol

Many thanks...

... unfortunately that was one of the pointers that something was amiss (I'm always a little impatient with off-map movement).

The working TF in that hex shows the time before they are due to arrive (see picture below) so it can be tracked. The stuck ones (having watched them for a while and becoming increasingly convinced they aren't going anywhere) don't (as above for comparison).

Here's one that's doing just fine:

(Thanks, Chris)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to pompack)
Post #: 7
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/7/2012 7:15:24 AM   
chrisol

Some more info... this happened when we upgraded to the latest patch. Things were fine before, the Japanese play updated... sent me the turn... I updated and loaded the turn in and the TFs are stuck...

Thanks
Chris

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 8
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/7/2012 9:01:06 AM   
michaelm

Can you attach a save here?

Michael

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 9
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/7/2012 7:23:46 PM   
chrisol

Let me just work out how to turn the file into a zip...

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 10
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/7/2012 7:36:45 PM   
chrisol

Here we go... should be 3 files - they're too big to zip together so 1 at a time...

Save 10 is our current save game (so just over 2 weeks after the problem)
I think Save 11 is just before we did the patch (when everything appears fine)
Save 12 is just after (ie the start of the problem)

Hope this works,
Chris

(I'll pm the password... not sure if you need it)

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 11
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/7/2012 7:37:14 PM   
chrisol

And the next

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 12
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/7/2012 7:38:02 PM   
chrisol

And hopefully the last

Many thanks
chris

Attachment (1)

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 13
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/10/2012 10:41:14 PM   
michaelm

I loaded up each save.
On save 12, the zone/link data differs from the stardard file - which is the one used by the other 2 saves. That explains why have those stuck TFs plus why there seems to be 2 TFs in the pipe between Aden and Abadan. It should bot be possible to do that unless there were off-map holding/boxes there.

Michael

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 14
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/10/2012 11:04:20 PM   
michaelm

Using save 10,I directed the TFs to an on-map base (Karachi) and the TFs moved there. (used 1108r9 - last patch)

From what I could see, the TFs were originally directed to an on-map base, but were changed off-map to an off-map base.
This left the TF in a confused state - it had 2 different destinations.

From memory, several fixes for off/on-map movement have been added to patch 6 (latest official), but can't understand this 'stickiness' unless the TFs internal settings were broken before the patch or the incorrect zone/link data was present when the TFs were changed.

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/10/2012 11:06:46 PM >

Michael

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 15
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/11/2012 7:33:17 PM   
chrisol

Many thanks... I'll have a look and see if I can get them to Karachi (I think I was using a non-base on-map hex as an alternative destination that they weren't accepting).

Chris

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 16
RE: TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) - 3/13/2012 8:34:30 AM   
chrisol

That's looking better... they made it to Karachi and are now on the return loop
Thank you.

Chris

(in reply to chrisol)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> TFs stuck in off-map transit hex... (no genep please) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI