Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & 11th Indian Divs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & 11th Indian Divs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & 11th... - 3/5/2012 6:53:53 PM   
Keifer

Playing Ironman vs. Japanese AI, I changed the leaders of the 9th and 11th Indian Division (after recombining them) to some officers with better Land, Inspiration and Admin values.

Singapore managed to hold out until late Feb, much better than other games v. AI.

Do folks think this is worth the PP's when playing v. a human Japanese player?

Old School Midway Fanboy
Post #: 1
RE: Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & ... - 3/5/2012 9:32:31 PM   
Treetop64

Changing leaders is cheap, so yes, it's always worth it - as long as the numbers go up, especially inspiration and the relevant skill. "Slim" in Burma was the most expensive for me at 200 points, and trust me, he was worth every point.

"Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it"

(in reply to Keifer)
Post #: 2
RE: Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & ... - 3/5/2012 9:46:52 PM   
Dan Nichols

50+ PPs for each division commander is not "cheap." But I changed them, I hope it is worth it.

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 3
RE: Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & ... - 3/6/2012 5:07:18 PM   
Canoerebel

Prioritizing political points is one of the biggest challenges in the game for an Allied player.  As a general rule, replacing poor quality leaders for major combat units is a good thing - but that doesn't always mean you have the luxury of doing so.  If the unit is off the front lines then you probably have more important uses to make.  But if the unit is facing an important battle, changing leaders can become the highest priority you have. 

(in reply to Dan Nichols)
Post #: 4
RE: Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & ... - 3/6/2012 8:56:50 PM   
DOCUP

I agree with all those above. It is worth it to change poor leaders for better ones. Especially those that are in harms way.

(in reply to Canoerebel)
Post #: 5
RE: Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & ... - 3/6/2012 10:04:46 PM   
Sardaukar

It can often also be crucial in China.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 6
RE: Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & ... - 3/7/2012 3:22:46 PM   
Treetop64

Fer shur. Many of the default Chinese War Area and corps commanders are worthless. I've changed all but one War Area general and many corps commanders. It made a difference, but you still gotta use them smart, and for the first year or so you're still playing defense, a withdrawing defense in some cases.

"Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeks before you need it"

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 7
RE: Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & ... - 3/7/2012 5:10:35 PM   
Mundy

Same here...

I've found out that a purge amongst the Chinese leaders can lead to units actually making a stand against attacks.

Ed-

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Is it worth the PPs to change the Leaders of 9th & 11th Indian Divs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI