Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Resolution of game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support >> Resolution of game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Resolution of game - 3/4/2012 7:39:38 PM   
toddtreadway

For some reason, when I go to play the game, it shows up in a zoomed-in state such that I can't see the menu buttons on the top or side. I previously played it in 1920x1200 on my other computer, and it worked fine. I have tried changing the resolution from full-screen (which is what I played on before) to 1920x1200, and that did not work. If I change it to 1024x768, it does show up in a smaller window, but it is blurry, like the game is not in the native resolution of my computer (Windows 7).

What info would help resolve this?
Post #: 1
RE: Resolution of game - 3/5/2012 10:48:55 AM   
2xTom

Hi todd,

I can't really tell what this could be about. The game appearing blurry in 1024x768 window is certainly a new one. Can you please clarify the following:

1. Is this a clean install (i.e. you didn't move you old hard drive into the new computer)?

2. Are you using the game menu only (not editing the config file by hand)?

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

(in reply to toddtreadway)
Post #: 2
RE: Resolution of game - 3/5/2012 12:27:16 PM   
toddtreadway

Tom, I previously played it on my laptop (which used nvidia graphics). I played it both on the laptop's screen (1600x900) and an external display (1920x1200--also the same one I now use with my desktop computer), with no issues. Very sharp graphics on both screens.

Now that the laptop died, I did a new install on a new desktop. It is using Windows 7 with an ATI Radeon graphics card. So, it is a clean install (I'll try it again though). And I didn't edit the config file.

Another very strange thing to report is this: I installed it on my fiance's computer, and the exact same thing is happening. Windows 7, and again Radeon graphics, also, the same make/model of monitor. Maybe I willl try setting the monitor to 1600x1200 and see what happens.

Post #: 3
RE: Resolution of game - 3/5/2012 12:33:32 PM   
2xTom

I must admit to being clueless at the moment. Can you please send me a screenshot of the 1024x768 window when it's blurry. Maybe that will give me some idea...

Please send the screenshot to: support at unityofcommand.net

Tomislav Uzelac
Unity of Command Lead Developer

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Unity of Command Series >> Tech Support >> Resolution of game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI