Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Community Request - Customized Designs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Community Request - Customized Designs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Community Request - Customized Designs - 4/1/2012 10:04:53 PM   
Shadow Tiger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lihnit23

I created a "designs" folder in my "x" theme folder in the "customization" folder. The file name is "human".

Help please.

Just shy of the mark.

the full path is <distant worlds>/Customization/<theme>/designs/<race>/<filename.dwd>

So for example:
Distant Worlds/Customization/My Theme/designs/human/ship_designs.dwd
Distant Worlds/Customization/My Theme/designs/dhayut/ship_designs.dwd

and so on. You can have multiple files for each race.

(in reply to Lihnit23)
Post #: 121
RE: Community Request - Customized Designs - 4/1/2012 11:30:23 PM   
Lihnit23

No luck.

I made a level 0 exploration ship and saved it under distant worlds/customization/x/designs/human/human_designs.dwd. The ship didn't load with new game starts. When I loaded the ship manually after game start, it appeared right next to the default explorer in an orangish color, so I know the ship saved.

I downloaded patch .13 but not patch .12. But I think .12 came automatically with the .13 download, correct?

Obv. I'm doing something wrong. If all you guys can get it, I should be able to also.

< Message edited by Lihnit23 -- 4/1/2012 11:31:52 PM >

(in reply to Shadow Tiger)
Post #: 122
RE: Community Request - Customized Designs - 4/2/2012 1:58:43 AM   
Igard

Hey Lihnit23, Sorry if this an obvious thing, but it's easily overlooked. Have you changed your theme from the main menu? I can't think what else the problem might be other than a typo in the folder/filename.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Lihnit23)
Post #: 123
RE: Community Request - Customized Designs - 4/3/2012 10:16:18 PM   
Lihnit23

I finally got it working yesterday!! Wanna know how I did it?

Magic!!

Seriously, the feature just started working on its own. I guess it had to warm up.

(in reply to Shadow Tiger)
Post #: 124
RE: Community Request - Customized Designs - 4/12/2012 12:30:02 PM   
ASHBERY76

It would be nice to get some dev feedback about issues raised.

I have designed a transport using the latest tech but then the A.I designed its own using the same tech and for some reason is a priority design.All I can think of is both use tier2 heavy rail guns but I have also used a tier 1 missile on my design too.It is kind of sucky that you must only use highest tech in all design areas for the A.I to use it.I would prefer the A.I not to prioritise design unless it is cleary above your tech level tier.

In the explained scenario the A.I would only have a priority design if it used tier3 rail guns in its transport design.As it stands the system is not flexible to have multi weapon on ships.

(in reply to Lihnit23)
Post #: 125
RE: Community Request - Customized Designs - 4/12/2012 3:36:02 PM   
Falokis

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

It would be nice to get some dev feedback about issues raised.

I have designed a transport using the latest tech but then the A.I designed its own using the same tech and for some reason is a priority design.All I can think of is both use tier2 heavy rail guns but I have also used a tier 1 missile on my design too.It is kind of sucky that you must only use highest tech in all design areas for the A.I to use it.I would prefer the A.I not to prioritise design unless it is cleary above your tech level tier.

In the explained scenario the A.I would only have a priority design if it used tier3 rail guns in its transport design.As it stands the system is not flexible to have multi weapon on ships.
I agree. I preferred the previous beta patch AI not attempting to change anything rather than totally overriding customized designs. Either way, the other thread where you set ship parameters is the best way to go. If it's possible to add to the game.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 126
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> RE: Community Request - Customized Designs Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI