Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/6/2012 11:06:49 AM   
TK421__

quote:

ORIGINAL: nate25

That's what I've tried with the 3 bns. of the 508th as soon as they land, but they invariably get caught up in firefights with either Hencke or SS units coming from Arnhem.

I'll try again.

Thanks,
Nate

I was talking about the Gds that crossed rail bridge - 508th only got as far as centre of Nijmegen before they hit resistance

(in reply to nate25)
Post #: 61
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/6/2012 11:18:04 AM   
TK421__

quote:

ORIGINAL: simovitch

quote:

ORIGINAL: TK421__

As I said at the start this was great fun

...supply for the paras seemed to possibly to be not working (plus I NEVER had much arty ammo for anyone) but that to me just makes it seem more real -

Very nicely done TK421, this is not an easy one to win!

The game is working as designed. Para supply will usually peter out by D5-D6 as their ability to effectively deliver cargo drops to nil. You could consider abandoning your SEPS and relocating your bases closer to your front lines, but that may not buy you much.

Yes I did move 1st Airborne Bases (eventually) into Oosterbeek but still nothing got sent out even though they did have supply (as far as I can tell)

Example below - the 1 Para Bde Base has some supply and a clear route to 3 Para but no request has ever been made - this is from D10 but the 2 units have been in same place for about a day

Attachment (1)

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 62
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/6/2012 12:26:41 PM   
simovitch

Look at your capacity, you have no vehicles left to transport supplies. You have workers on hand to load 50 tonnes of supply an hour but nothing to load it into.

simovitch

(in reply to TK421__)
Post #: 63
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/6/2012 12:47:13 PM   
TK421__

quote:

Look at your capacity, you have no vehicles left to transport supplies. You have workers on hand to load 50 tonnes of supply an hour but nothing to load it into.

Ah that will be an RTFM issue then

I've played COTA/BFTB and now HTTR and this was first time I EVER looked at this screen for my bases :)

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 64
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/6/2012 7:41:58 PM   
henri51

quote:

Does this mean that if all your trucks get shot up, you cannot get any more supplies for the rest of the game?

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 65
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/6/2012 8:17:10 PM   
TK421__

quote:

ORIGINAL: henri51

quote:

Does this mean that if all your trucks get shot up, you cannot get any more supplies for the rest of the game?

And what reduces the capacity - is it the "supply intercepeted" action or actual damage to the unit

Assuming its the former how do you stop the base sending out supply to units that you know are cut off?

(in reply to henri51)
Post #: 66
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/6/2012 11:17:59 PM   
Deathtreader

Hi,

First off , thanks for the great AAR....made for enjoyable reading!

As to stopping bases from sending supplies to known cutoff units, I don't believe you can. The closest you can probably get to ordering a cutoff is to deprioritize the supply priority for the unit or formation to minimal. And then pray.........

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to TK421__)
Post #: 67
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/7/2012 12:35:47 AM   
simovitch

yes Rob is right. Also the program tries to limit the base responses to threatened supply routes but eventually your vehicles (jeeps in this case) got shot up.

An average supply run is maybe 2 vehicles so during those "100% supply intercepted" messages you lost 2 jeeps. With 2 supply runs per day per unit average these losses add up if the area between your bases and the front line units is under fire.

In desperation I have been known to try and exit the defunct base or try and get it destroyed so that the starving unit will re-assign to another base for supply. Some folks want the ability to reassign manually to be a new feature. Big point of discussion.

< Message edited by simovitch -- 3/7/2012 12:39:44 AM >

simovitch

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 68
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/7/2012 10:03:35 PM   
Deathtreader

quote:

Some folks want the ability to reassign manually to be a new feature. Big point of discussion.

Yes, yes, yes.........

Rob.

So we're at war with the Russkies eh?? I suppose we really ought to invade or something. (Lonnnng pause while studying the map)
Hmmmm... big place ain't it??
- Sir Harry Flashman (1854)

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 69
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/8/2012 8:08:27 AM   
miya

I enjoyed your AAR TK421.
Thanks.

Looking at the last replies of this topic, I have a question concerning the scenario design. Why not giving the bases much less supply and more vehicles at start ? You could give the para bases only enough supply to last for three days. Once you establish connection with XXX Corps the bases would be refilled.

(in reply to Deathtreader)
Post #: 70
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/8/2012 8:13:25 AM   
Jeremy105

thanks for this, very helpful!!!

(in reply to phoenix)
Post #: 71
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/8/2012 1:05:12 PM   
TK421__

quote:

yes Rob is right. Also the program tries to limit the base responses to threatened supply routes but eventually your vehicles (jeeps in this case) got shot up.

An average supply run is maybe 2 vehicles so during those "100% supply intercepted" messages you lost 2 jeeps. With 2 supply runs per day per unit average these losses add up if the area between your bases and the front line units is under fire.

In desperation I have been known to try and exit the defunct base or try and get it destroyed so that the starving unit will re-assign to another base for supply. Some folks want the ability to reassign manually to be a new feature. Big point of discussion.

The first thought that crossed my mind was "I should have run them at the Tigers "

Perhaps "Capacity" could be a supply type and the "Master Base" (ie XXX corps in this scenario) or certain SEP should be able to resupply "Capacity" to Sub Bases over a period

(in reply to simovitch)
Post #: 72
RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR - 3/8/2012 3:46:00 PM   
simovitch

Well, the Airborne Divisions have plenty of supply to last 3-4 days, and no airborne operation that I know of was ever intended to be isolated for longer than that.

While some improvements could be made in the future, for now we believe that it all works pretty well for Market Garden.

simovitch

(in reply to TK421__)
Post #: 73
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Load Of Horrocks - From the Meuse to the Rhine AAR Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI