Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Command delay

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Command delay Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Command delay - 3/1/2012 6:42:43 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

Some of you may be old enough to remember the Yacquinto trilogy (Panzer, 88 and Armour). It had a neat way of portraying the difficulties of commanding "inferior" troops. They had to have their orders plotted a turn in advance. For really bad troops orders had to be written two moves in advance. This stifled movement somewhat but was less of a problem in defence.

Guess there's no way of having this in ATG?
Post #: 1
RE: Command delay - 3/1/2012 7:00:29 PM   
british exil

I remember playing a Waterloo game on my Amiga500. You had to pass your orders on to a rider, who would ride to the divisions with orders to move, fall back, attack etc.

Sometimes the courier would not make it as it had been killed by the enemy.

The response from the divisions commander would be then given to the courier and he would then have to ride back to my command post.

Again being targeted by the enemy.

Was frustrating when orders were lost or were not followed. But was great fun.

Wish I could get these old games again and play then on Windows7.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 2
RE: Command delay - 3/2/2012 4:15:45 AM   
kvob

That was Dr. Peter Turcan's Waterloo. I believe it is available for PC as Abandonware.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 3
RE: Command delay - 3/2/2012 7:35:18 PM   
Jeffrey H.

I remember the Yaquinto games, going even further back was Air Force/Dauntless and Flattop, all of those were picked up by AH. The three you mentioned essentially competed with the SL/ASL series and were not picked up by AH. Not sure how such a feature could be ported in ATG, command delay essentially. I suppose FOW is a type of delay mechanic although not really a good one. Also, readiness and morale essentially take over to cover some of those types of issues.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to kvob)
Post #: 4
RE: Command delay - 3/3/2012 12:16:02 AM   
british exil

quote:

ORIGINAL: kvob

That was Dr. Peter Turcan's Waterloo. I believe it is available for PC as Abandonware.

Yes got it. runs on MS-DOS.
Thx

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to kvob)
Post #: 5
RE: Command delay - 3/3/2012 6:18:26 PM   
Webizen

From my personal collection of wargames...

quote:

ORIGINAL: CSO_Talorgan

Some of you may be old enough to remember the Yacquinto trilogy (Panzer, 88 and Armour). It had a neat way of portraying the difficulties of commanding "inferior" troops. They had to have their orders plotted a turn in advance. For really bad troops orders had to be written two moves in advance. This stifled movement somewhat but was less of a problem in defence.

Guess there's no way of having this in ATG?

Attachment (1)

Tac2i

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 6
RE: Command delay - 3/5/2012 1:03:33 AM   
ernieschwitz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

I remember the Yaquinto games, going even further back was Air Force/Dauntless and Flattop, all of those were picked up by AH. The three you mentioned essentially competed with the SL/ASL series and were not picked up by AH. Not sure how such a feature could be ported in ATG, command delay essentially. I suppose FOW is a type of delay mechanic although not really a good one. Also, readiness and morale essentially take over to cover some of those types of issues.

Not to mention combat bonuses from HQs when far away... that is perhaps the best way it is simulated.

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 7
RE: Command delay - 8/26/2012 10:22:24 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

That's them!

(in reply to Webizen)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Command delay Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI