Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Assault At has no impact

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Assault At has no impact Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Assault At has no impact - 3/1/2012 11:40:19 AM   
Mingan

Hi,

I've been playing the demo for some time and I'm having problems with the assault at -setting. For example, I set attack mission to start at 8:00 and assault at 10:00. My troops will rest until 8:00 like they should, then they organize and start assaulting right away at 8:30, even though that's not what I ordered, and they even slipped the assault time. Is this a bug?
Post #: 1
RE: Assault At has no impact - 3/1/2012 11:33:37 PM   
Arjuna

Please send me a save taken from before your order or preferable just after you gave the order but before it started processing ( ie if you had paused the game to give your order ). Failing that, as soon after you gave the order as possible. Send to "support[at]panthergames[dot]com".

Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com

(in reply to Mingan)
Post #: 2
RE: Assault At has no impact - 3/2/2012 6:06:57 AM   
Mingan

I would if I could. I can't save in the demo.

EDIT: Tried again, no matter what I do I can't coordinate my attacks because my forces ignore me and my "assault at"-commands. I might buy this game but if it is this buggy then no thanks.

< Message edited by Mingan -- 3/2/2012 12:36:41 PM >

(in reply to Arjuna)
Post #: 3
RE: Assault At has no impact - 3/2/2012 7:06:18 PM   
Mingan

Even more strange things happening (has actually happened many times). I told 35 tank batallion to attack Lommersweiler using shortest route. Doesn't seem very short to me - I guess they want to reorg on the wrong side of the river.

(in reply to Mingan)
Post #: 4
RE: Assault At has no impact - 3/2/2012 8:14:10 PM   
tukker

It's not as strange as it looks: you've ordered the battalion to assault across a river. The only spot at which the river can be crossed is the Steinebruck bridge. I can't tell exactly from the screenshot, but the footprint of your FUP is probably also partly across the river, so it's not so strange that the units cross the river first and then seem to move backwards to the FUP.
In this case, it's better to have your units cross the river first (use a waypoint at the bridge), then have them form up on the far side and assault Lommersweiler.

Pieter

(in reply to Mingan)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Assault At has no impact Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI