Assault At has no impact

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Arjuna, Panther Paul

Mingan

Assault At has no impact

Post by Mingan »

Hi,

I've been playing the demo for some time and I'm having problems with the assault at -setting. For example, I set attack mission to start at 8:00 and assault at 10:00. My troops will rest until 8:00 like they should, then they organize and start assaulting right away at 8:30, even though that's not what I ordered, and they even slipped the assault time. Is this a bug?
Arjuna

RE: Assault At has no impact

Post by Arjuna »

Please send me a save taken from before your order or preferable just after you gave the order but before it started processing ( ie if you had paused the game to give your order ). Failing that, as soon after you gave the order as possible. Send to "support[at]panthergames[dot]com".
Dave "Arjuna" O'Connor
www.panthergames.com
Mingan

Post by Mingan »

I would if I could. I can't save in the demo.

EDIT: Tried again, no matter what I do I can't coordinate my attacks because my forces ignore me and my "assault at"-commands. I might buy this game but if it is this buggy then no thanks.
Mingan

Post by Mingan »

Even more strange things happening (has actually happened many times). I told 35 tank batallion to attack Lommersweiler using shortest route. Doesn't seem very short to me - I guess they want to reorg on the wrong side of the river.

tukker

Post by tukker »

It's not as strange as it looks: you've ordered the battalion to assault across a river. The only spot at which the river can be crossed is the Steinebruck bridge. I can't tell exactly from the screenshot, but the footprint of your FUP is probably also partly across the river, so it's not so strange that the units cross the river first and then seem to move backwards to the FUP.
In this case, it's better to have your units cross the river first (use a waypoint at the bridge), then have them form up on the far side and assault Lommersweiler.

Pieter

Return to “Tech Support”