Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[REL] Character Image Pack

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> [REL] Character Image Pack Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[REL] Character Image Pack - 3/1/2012 2:32:11 AM   
Tampa_Gamer

Another portion of my personal mod

Screen shot of images (readme and download link to .zip file at follows)

From the readme...

Tampa_Gamer Character Image Mod v1.00
Distant Worlds (Legends) version 1.7.0.10 (but should be compatible backwards through release)
February 29, 2012

========================================================================
INTRODUCTION

Distant Worlds (Legends) adds the concept of RPG-like characters to the game. These characters each have a "card" in the game which contains data regarding the character as well as an image of the character (typically a "head and shoulders" picture). At this point, the default image for each and every character is simply the race image, which lends itself to a rather boring RPG element. I hope we see a future patch that incorporates the concept of pulling images from a designated subfolder for each race/role as well as a text file listing of potential names to pull from for each race and randomized starting statistics. Until then, I have created my own cast of characters for use in my personal mod based on the "house" concept found in A Game of Thrones series, Dune and other sources, but essentially they are humans. Included in this mod are images for 70 characters as well as accompanying statistics in a text file. Since my mod utilizes my own family members for leaders 1-10, I have replaced those images with a generic one, but feel free to substitute your own leaders in. The statistics are generated by random (based on an Excel template I created and exported delimited data from) but modified by me to avoid illogical results (e.g. opposite traits/skills).

INSTALLATION/REMOVAL INSTRUCTIONS

This mod is created in the spirit of allowing these to be added to your own custom theme/mod, but for purposes of these instructions I will assume these are being used for the "Humans."

To install, unzip the 70 .png files under "characterImages" to the following directory:

"[Distant Worlds install folder]\Customization\[YourTheme]\characterImages"

Then unzip the file "Human.txt" to the following directory:

"[Distant Worlds install folder]\Customization\[YourTheme]\characters"

MOD CONFLICT ANALYSIS

This mod should not create conflicts with other mods unless you try to add characters to the same race you added these. If that is the case, then you can avoid the conflict by appending the two lists of characters into one text file (and verify that none of the image files utilize the same name).

VERSION HISTORY

v1.00 (02/29/2012) initial release version
+ added new text file containing statistics for 70 characters
+ added 70 new character images

NOTES/COPYRIGHT ISSUES

(1) The images contained in this mod were taken from a variety of sources and were further modified using GIMP and other tools. This mod is distributed completely free of charge.

(2) As a common modding courtesy, I would ask that this mod not be re-posted or used as part of any other publicly distributed mod without first contacting me via a personal mail from this website.

(3) As all my mods are a continual work-in-progress, please forward all tweaks, suggestions and bugs found to me via personal mail.

Have Fun!
-Tampa_Gamer

Download Link (Zip File)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Tampa_Gamer -- 3/1/2012 2:44:25 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [REL] Character Image Pack - 3/1/2012 1:11:01 PM   
Igard

Some great characters here. Nice work TG.

The Picard Era for Distant Worlds

Igard's Romulan Stormbird

(in reply to Tampa_Gamer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> [REL] Character Image Pack Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI