Another portion of my personal mod - now updated for the DW: Universe expansion
UPDATED screen shot of images (was finally able to get attachment working)
From the readme...
Tampa_Gamer Character Image Mod v1.01
Distant Worlds (Universe) version 220.127.116.11
May 31, 2014
Distant Worlds (Legends) added the concept of RPG-like characters to the game. These characters each have a "card" in the game which contains data regarding the character as well as an image of the character (typically a "head and shoulders" picture). At this point, the default image for each and every character is simply the race image, which lends itself to a rather boring RPG element. This can be worked around by making a copy of the race you like to play and adding it to your personal theme and then designating characters for that race. You can designate as many or as few characters as you want (e.g. if you wanted each class of characters to have its own picture, then just use one image and copy it 15x giving each a unique name). For my own personal theme, I have created my own cast of characters which are for the most part humans. Included in this mod are my current batch of images - 15 for each of the nine character classes. However, because I use pictures of my friends/family for the Leader and Pirate classes, I have excluded those and instead included the same image for all 15 images.
In addition to the images, I have included an example of my "CUSTOM RACE.txt" file including all of the names for purposes of copying/pasting into your own version of personal theme.
This mod is created in the spirit of allowing these to be added to your own custom theme/mod.
To install, unzip these files to your personal theme folder contained in the Customization folder of the main gamedirectory. They should be placed within the following subfolders of your theme:
(1) Place the 135 .png files in "[Distant Worlds install folder]Customization\[Your Theme]\images\units\characters"
(2) Place the file "CUSTOM RACE.txt" in "[Distant Worlds install folder]\Customization\[YourTheme]\characters" but rename it consistent with your own custom race.
To uninstall, simply delete them and the default files will be used instead.
MOD CONFLICT ANALYSIS
This mod should not create conflicts with other mods unless you try to add characters to the same race you added these. If that is the case, then you can avoid the conflict by appending the two lists of characters into one text file (and verify that none of the image files utilize the same name).
v1.01 (05/31/2014) updated release for Distant Worlds: Universe
+ updated to include 5 more images for each class and 15 for the captain class
v1.00 (02/29/2012) initial release version
+ added new text file containing statistics for 70 characters
+ added 70 new character images
(1) The images contained in this mod were taken from a variety of sources and were further modified using GIMP and other tools. This mod is distributed completely free of charge.
(2) This mod may be used in any personal themes you re-post provided you give me credit for this contribution and put a link to this thread so others can provide feedback and/or know of future changes.
(3) As all my mods are a continual work-in-progress, please forward all tweaks, suggestions and bugs found to me via personal mail.
Download Link (Zip File)
< Message edited by Tampa_Gamer -- 6/2/2014 12:30:02 AM >