Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Victory Points ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Victory Points ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Victory Points ? - 2/28/2012 10:55:17 AM   
Rigmoor

Hi,
I've noticed that the victory points at game end (shown in the AAR) not agree with the points which I count myself. The summation of points in the Objectiv-List are much higher.
Is this a bug ?

Regards
Thomas
Post #: 1
RE: Victory Points ? - 2/28/2012 11:26:45 AM   
Lieste

The victory points for both sides range from 0-100, but either or both can have values for individual objectives that total any amount (depending on the ratio between the sum of the various objective values and the 'score for 100%' victory level set in the scenario).

This means that you can opt for limited success in all areas, focus on complete success in one area with a holding attack elsewhere or merely frustrate the enemy intentions as valid methods of securing 'at least a draw', but must combine the methods at appropriate times and using appropriate force commitments to achieve sufficient success while blocking enemy plans.

Within the scenario design the victory points are stored as integers, and the values are correspondingly high (10,000 for a moderate length scenario gives a reasonable granularity to the occupation points) - this is reduced to a % value by scaling by the points for 100% victory parameter (from memory, the actual naming might be slightly different). The resulting value(s) are then capped to a range 0-100%, and the difference between friendly and enemy totals gives the 'degree' of victory

(in reply to Rigmoor)
Post #: 2
RE: Victory Points ? - 2/29/2012 7:17:30 AM   
Rigmoor

OK, thanks for the reply, Lieste.

(in reply to Lieste)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command Ops Series >> Tech Support >> Victory Points ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI