Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost - 2/28/2012 9:12:10 AM   
Turner

The bug concerning readiness times for Luftflotte 4 and Süd Ost is disrupting PBEM gameplay quite a bit. It becomes practically impossible to defend this airspace with a constant readiness time of 63 minutes. Are there any games being played, or that has been played in the past, in which the players have come to some sort of agreement on how to negate the issue so that the allied player can attack and axis defend to some degree of playability?

"There are no desperate situations, only desperate people." - Heinz Guderian

Trippin' with Jagdgeschwader 11
Post #: 1
RE: Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost - 2/29/2012 12:18:44 PM   
Turner

Was thinking about a workaround to at least partially negate this problem. Anyone got any suggestions?

My idea was that the allied player could be allowed to hit these areas if he include the target area and time on target for his raid(s) coming through balkan airspace. That way the axis player can up defending fighters ahead of time and planned correctly would be airborne to intercept when the raids come in.

What do you think about that?

(in reply to Turner)
Post #: 2
RE: Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost - 2/29/2012 5:35:12 PM   
npsergio

I don't know if it's a bug or if it WAD... I use to send the planes in patrol. I take a look to the range that the allies are able to fly in an hour and I send the planes to patrol when I feel that they'll be in the air before they come. That's how I play in Rumania. Also big AA guns will help ,d some heavy figthers to down the damaged bombers...

(in reply to Turner)
Post #: 3
RE: Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost - 2/29/2012 9:14:15 PM   
Turner

I can not see how that would be working as designed, the readiness times must be adjusted according to alert level. No pilot or unit commander in their right mind would have a readiness time of 63 minutes with bombers flying overhead.

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 4
RE: Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost - 3/2/2012 6:12:44 AM   
npsergio

Ok, maybe it's a bug, but...
I'm playing the Luftwaffe in a 1944 campaign. Yesterday my opponent sent me two raids against one oilfield and a ball bearings factory in Rumania. We are on turn 10 only. And the Radars are ok. All my planes reduced well their readiness times. I sent at least half of my interceptors with 4 minutes. I sent to the air the rumanian planes with 18 min, but when the B-24 where over their targets I had some other planes in Rumania that landed and refueled and I could sent them with 4 minutes...
That made me think that maybe some units are restricted in the allied airfields... i.e. bulgarian planes won´t had a good rediness time in rumanian airfields, etc... Can it be the problem? If that's the problem the solution can be simple... We have to be carefull when we move the allied planes (hungarians, bulgarians, rumanians) to some other allied airfields.
All we know that the axis allies (hungarians, bulgarians, rumanians) where sometimes ancient enemies between them...
If I have the time I'll play again the turn to post some pictures.

(in reply to Turner)
Post #: 5
RE: Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost - 3/2/2012 9:08:12 AM   
Turner

Hmm, ok I will have to do some more testing to confirm. It could be that Luftflotte Süd is affected by the bug but Luftflotte 4 is not? It would be helpful if someone could shed some light on the issue.

(in reply to npsergio)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Luftflotte 4 & Süd Ost Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI