Matrix Games Forums

War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? - 3/5/2012 9:21:46 AM   
Hexagon

For me is an easy question when i find a "Sherman was the best" guy i only ask, what is closer to postwar tanks used by USA, Sherman or Tiger/panther... if postwar tanks are closer to this 2 last tanks WTF they use "inferior" models compared with the powerfull Sherman???

Only advantage for Sherman was in HE rounds (and only in the 75mm models, in the end of war practically all in Europe use 76mm... another contradiction) and numbers and maybe durability... at least in mechanics because when he face a small resistance...

And if main advantage for Sherman is numbers i find T-34/85 a lot better and i dont add T-44

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 61
RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? - 3/5/2012 12:32:16 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.
Fortunately, the Tiger was finally finished-off by rockets from a Thunderbolt, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this
That would have been my real answer. I would rather be in a Sherman as it would be less likely to be hit by an aircraft attack.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 62
RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? - 3/5/2012 3:03:27 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe D.
Fortunately, the Tiger was finally finished-off by rockets from a Thunderbolt, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this
That would have been my real answer. I would rather be in a Sherman as it would be less likely to be hit by an aircraft attack.

US WW II anti-tank doctrine produced the TD, but later it concluded that to defeat superior enemy armor, build a better tank!

Today, the attack helicopter is the premier anti-armor choice as all tanks are vulnerable from above.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 63
RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? - 3/5/2012 4:44:50 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: michael1776

Parusski - now that sounds decidedly unpleasant.

-MJ

Did not mean for it to sound that way.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to michael1776)
Post #: 64
RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? - 3/7/2012 12:45:15 AM   
michael1776

To Parusski: nor did I. Sarcasm never translates well via the interweb.

-MJ

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 65
RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? - 3/7/2012 3:41:31 AM   
KG Erwin

In the Pacific Theater, the Sherman was the undisputed king, especially the later models equipped with flamethrowers.

As for the European Theater, it's simply a matter of "Tigerkiddies" vs the winners. It will never be solved amongst wargaming geeks, so it's a pointless argument.

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 66
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Sherman preferred to "Tiger"? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI