Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Are firing squads necessary here??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Are firing squads necessary here?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Are firing squads necessary here?? - 2/27/2012 2:49:05 AM   
dwesolick

This is something new to me. I'm playing the 44 campaign as Germans (retreat, retreat, retreat....) and I've noticed something odd. Some of my units seem to be moving on their own accord during the AI movement phase. I'm not talking about reserve units moving up to the front, but units that were holding the front simply leaving their positions (without being attacked...or ordered, by me anyway).

I first noticed it with a unit or two moving around behind the front and just thought I was imagining things. In my most recent turn my (almost) whole army holding the Narva river line (above Lake Peipus) decided to simply start marching in the general direction of Riga (actually a couple divisions were left behind). I was planning on moving them back to the Dvina/Riga area in the next turn or two anyway, so no great harm done.

But does anyone know what is causing this? Is there some new feature where some units are computer controlled (I'm using 1.06)? Is this a bug? Do I have insubordinate generals? Are firing squads necessary?

thanks!

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur
Post #: 1
RE: Are firing squads necessary here?? - 2/27/2012 4:45:19 AM   
Denniss

Yes, it's a bug in the AI code.
Other view: GUGB (later known as KGB) spies infiltrated OKH, issuing useless orders to Axis units at the front to weaken their defense.

Should be fixed with the upcoming 1.06.04

WitE Beta-tester - aircraft data modifications
WitE 1.08 development/testing
WitW aircraft data

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 2
RE: Are firing squads necessary here?? - 2/27/2012 5:30:25 AM   
Joel Billings

Yes, the Soviet AI is sometimes moving German units that are not directly attached to a front line HQ. The fix is in (and seems to have fixed the problem) and we hope 1.06.04 will be out as early as sometime Monday. No spies, actually we're just testing this out so we can have German infiltrators send American units the wrong direction during the Battle of the Bulge in War in the West. Sorry about the bug. Thanks to the bug report we got in the tech support area a few days ago we were able to track it down and fix it quickly.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 2/27/2012 5:34:30 AM >

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to dwesolick)
Post #: 3
RE: Are firing squads necessary here?? - 2/27/2012 2:25:38 PM   
dwesolick

Heh, the Russians certainly don't need any help in this campaign! Thanks for the response and I'll look forward to the patch. In the meantime I'll be sure all my units are attached to front line HQs.

thanks

"The Navy has a moth-eaten tradition that the captain who loses his ship is disgraced. What do they have all those ships for, if not to hurl them at the enemy?" --Douglas MacArthur

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Are firing squads necessary here?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI