Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stacking and Retreats

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Stacking and Retreats Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stacking and Retreats - 2/24/2012 11:17:55 PM   
Marquo

What is the parameters which define overstacking during a retreat? And what are the penalities? Are the penalties predictable? Is the penalty the same if a stack of 3 retreats onto a 3 unit stack as onto a 2 units stack as onto 1 unit?

FWIW, the 3 unit/hex rule is way too simple for a game such as this; the stacking should be based on the nmber of men and vehicles, not the number of units. There is no reason why 3 corps of 75,000 men is equivalent to 3 brigades of 6,000 men for stacking purposes.

Marquo

< Message edited by Marquo -- 2/24/2012 11:18:40 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Stacking and Retreats - 2/25/2012 12:04:05 AM   
CheerfullyInsane

Penalties first:

15.11. Retreat Attrition
When a unit retreats or displaces, it suffers retreat attrition, which can result in some of its ground elements becoming damaged, destroyed or captured. The extent of retreat attrition is based on the unit’s current morale and the experience and fatigue of the unit’s ground elements. Units with higher morale and ground elements with higher experience and lower fatigue will suffer less from retreat attrition. Damaged ground elements are even more likely to be captured, dependent on their experience and whether the unit has a support squad ground element shortage. Damaged ground elements can also have their equipment destroyed while the manpower in the ground element is classified as disabled. Generic organic vehicles can be damaged or destroyed as a result of unit retreat attrition. Units that are forced to retreat across a river hexside will suffer double the normal retreat attrition for a minor river and triple the retreat attrition for a major river.

If the retreat results in overstacking, the surplus units will do it all over again until they reach a hex where they can stay.
So no, the penalties aren't predictable as in a unit will lose X% of their strength.

The penalties are the same no matter how large the overstacking is, however if 3 units retreat onto 2 units, only 2 of the original units wil continue the retreat. Or in other words, stacking is dynamic during the retreat.

And now one of the more experienced players will post exactly why I'm spectacularly wrong.

"Something is always wrong, Baldrick. The fact that I'm not a millionaire aristocrat with the sexual capacity of a rutting rhino is a constant niggle"
- Edmund Blackadder

(in reply to Marquo)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Stacking and Retreats Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI