Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, No Oloren

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, No Oloren Page: <<   < prev  17 18 19 20 [21]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/28/2012 3:36:59 PM   
terje439

Oh, and this AAR is ofc now open to Oloren
Thank you once more for all your comments and suggestions (even if I did not heed them).

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 601
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/28/2012 4:05:29 PM   
Walloc

Gratz Terje and Oloren,

Thx for answering all my silly questions and playing to the end.

To me this game says alot about the current play balance. A game where german did, sorry Terje, very poorly in 41. Not only did russian side have a large army cuz of lack of pockets. Nor did they ever lost much territory and there for manpower/Fac's. So they had HI to support a large 42 army it also had a high manpower regen ability through out the game. Still Terje was able to hold out to 9/44. Considering the average weather in the months between 9/44 and 5/45.
This tells me why i consider the just run for the hills strategy for russian side, problematic. Not to say u if meeting a player with german side skillz might not have much choice. Not only will u lose alot more HI and manpower. U also have to take back all that territory, taking time. Time = time to dig more than Terje ever could/did. Not that it will stop teh juggenaut but it will slow it = more time. I hope we can dispence with the silly notion that Russian will be in Berlin by '43. If so it really is down to the german player. Also if german player just gives up in early 43. Oh no the russian juggenaut is rolling i better give up. Well then there is ofc no chance of holding Berlin by 5/45 while it might actually be plausible to do so.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

< Message edited by Walloc -- 8/28/2012 4:32:47 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 602
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/28/2012 4:14:14 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc
1. A game where german did, sorry Terje, very poorly in 41.
2. Time = time to dig more than Terje ever could/did.
3. Oh no the russian juggenaut is rolling i better give up.

Rasmus

1. Why sorry?! I believe I was the first one to say so
2. I think I actually should have been able to dig in alot better than I actually did, but that is simply not enough as the engineers go through forts like hmmm me through a packet of sigs...
3. The USSR juggernaut is a sloooow beast. Oloren constantly said he had some MP issues, and I recall this from my own experience as well when I played the USSR.

The issue ofc, is wether people find it fun to play it through, as there comes a point where the Axis is FUBAR. Still, I felt I learned alot during that last year tbh.

Terje

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 603
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/28/2012 6:49:56 PM   
governato

Enjoyed following the AAR! One does not see many going to the bitter end...:)
Especially liked the insightful comments and the sense of humor.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 604
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/28/2012 6:54:45 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: governato

Enjoyed following the AAR! One does not see many going to the bitter end...:)
Especially liked the insightful comments and the sense of humor.

Thank you, although my sense of humor might not be shared by all

Terje

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 605
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/28/2012 7:31:52 PM   
Schmart

Terje gets Sportsman of the Year Award! Good stuff. Great to see players see things through to the end, no matter what the situation. You played a dictator hanging on the bitter end very well

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 606
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/28/2012 9:29:11 PM   
juret

another go as germany terje?

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 607
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 7:38:58 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schmart

Terje gets Sportsman of the Year Award! Good stuff. Great to see players see things through to the end, no matter what the situation. You played a dictator hanging on the bitter end very well

Thank you
Hehe yeah cannot say I felt very SORRY for my virtual men as they died there

Terje

(in reply to Schmart)
Post #: 608
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 7:39:37 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: juret

another go as germany terje?

There will be another game, Oloren and I are deciding who will play what at the moment
So, yes I'll lose another game

*edit* Yup will be another as Germany, this time with the shortened scenario, and with random weather

Terje

< Message edited by terje439 -- 8/29/2012 7:43:03 AM >

(in reply to juret)
Post #: 609
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 7:53:16 AM   
bigbaba

greates respect for your stamina terje. this is one of the few games which were played to the bitter.

i officialy vote for /sticky.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 610
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 7:53:21 AM   
cpt flam

will be first to hope better luck for you this time
i will probably follow your AAR with interest

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 611
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 8:51:48 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

greates respect for your stamina terje. this is one of the few games which were played to the bitter.

i officialy vote for /sticky.

Not much stamina needed for those last turn
Thank you for those kind words.

Terje

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 612
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 8:52:08 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpt flam

will be first to hope better luck for you this time
i will probably follow your AAR with interest

Thank you

Terje

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 613
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 10:50:01 AM   
Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

*edit* Yup will be another as Germany, this time with the shortened scenario, and with random weather

Terje

Hi Terje,

Looking at what u produced in last game. Yeah i know the cuircumstances. Non the less and i know u alrdy looking to the detailpart. Pay more attention to details of the amament production. All those 210mm How costs 346 arma per piece plus those 240mm gun u produced too. Prolly not worth it arma wise less u have a big surplus. 1 210mm How = 43 type 41 squads or just over one battalions worth of inf. U always welcome to ask.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 614
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/29/2012 11:24:18 PM   
Oloren

Well, I'd like to thank Terje for another complete WiTE game. He had a rough start but fought on to the end. Whatever the victory score, Terje was the clear winner and his determination and innovative late game defense proved to be both a challenge and an inspiration.

We have decided to play another game and Terje will take the Germans again. Now that we both have experience in a complete campaign game all the way through, I think we'll both do better. This one will have random weather and while it can really mess up the Axis in 1941, it may prove to be advantageous to the offense since the defense can no longer be certain of the weather at all times.

I am hoping Terje will do another AAR. They are informative and witty and about mid way through them, I have to fight back the impulse of rooting for him. Hats off to my opponent!

As before, we are planning on fighting to the bitter end, whatever comes.

Oloren

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 615
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/30/2012 3:25:25 AM   
IdahoNYer

Congrats to both players for playing the game to its conclusion! Always good to see late game AARs, there are never enough.

Looking forward to reading the rematch AAR!

(in reply to Oloren)
Post #: 616
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/30/2012 8:31:23 AM   
randallw

You would have won except those 66 King Tigers hadn't been assigned to a unit yet.

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 617
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/31/2012 10:22:50 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oloren

1. Well, I'd like to thank Terje for another complete WiTE game. He had a rough start but fought on to the end. Whatever the victory score, Terje was the clear winner and his determination and innovative late game defense proved to be both a challenge and an inspiration.

2. We have decided to play another game and Terje will take the Germans again. Now that we both have experience in a complete campaign game all the way through, I think we'll both do better. This one will have random weather and while it can really mess up the Axis in 1941, it may prove to be advantageous to the offense since the defense can no longer be certain of the weather at all times.

3. I am hoping Terje will do another AAR. They are informative and witty and about mid way through them, I have to fight back the impulse of rooting for him. Hats off to my opponent!

As before, we are planning on fighting to the bitter end, whatever comes.

Oloren

1. Thank you, although your defence in the north as well as you blizzard play broke me, so well won.
2. Nah, I hardly think I'll do better, although I will notice when I am out of armaments alot sooner this time
3. Well off course, must let people have something to laugh over

Terje

(in reply to Oloren)
Post #: 618
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/31/2012 10:23:35 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: IdahoNYer

Congrats to both players for playing the game to its conclusion! Always good to see late game AARs, there are never enough.

Looking forward to reading the rematch AAR!

Thank you, but to be technical it will be the re-rematch, and I am allready 0 for 2

Terje

(in reply to IdahoNYer)
Post #: 619
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/31/2012 10:24:14 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: randallw

You would have won except those 66 King Tigers hadn't been assigned to a unit yet.

Haha yeah, still annoying to see that division of Tigers just standing outside the factory hall when the war is being decided though

Terje

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 620
RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, N... - 8/31/2012 10:36:09 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walloc

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Terje

Hi Terje,

Looking at what u produced in last game. Yeah i know the cuircumstances. Non the less and i know u alrdy looking to the detailpart. Pay more attention to details of the amament production. All those 210mm How costs 346 arma per piece plus those 240mm gun u produced too. Prolly not worth it arma wise less u have a big surplus. 1 210mm How = 43 type 41 squads or just over one battalions worth of inf. U always welcome to ask.

Kind regards,

Rasmus

Yeah, there will be alot more disbanded "shiny things" this time around. If I could only stop producing all those Tigers now

Terje

(in reply to Walloc)
Post #: 621
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 19 20 [21]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Gnikam eht ni retsasid - Oloren USSR, Terje Axis, No Oloren Page: <<   < prev  17 18 19 20 [21]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI