Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

cycling through units

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Tech Support >> cycling through units Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
cycling through units - 2/22/2012 12:51:09 AM   
rja80919

Is there a way to cycle through units with a (n)ext key or (p)revious key? I keep missing units that have action points left.
Post #: 1
RE: cycling through units - 3/17/2012 1:17:05 PM   
genehaynes

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's any hot keys to select the "next" or "previous" unit. I found the best way to insure that no units are missed during your turn is to move them a Division at a time. You'll typically want to keep them close together anyhow in order to receive the Divisional combat bonus. It's also somewhat helpful to use the OOB tab to locate units.

Also, I think the unit icon changes color after they're moved. "Bright" icons haven't moved.

Hot keys would have been nice.

(in reply to rja80919)
Post #: 2
RE: cycling through units - 3/17/2012 4:46:12 PM   
Vic

There actually is a hotkey to cycle unit. I think it was < and >. not 100% sure though.

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 3
RE: cycling through units - 3/17/2012 7:24:03 PM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

There actually is a hotkey to cycle unit. I think it was < and >. not 100% sure though.

best,
Vic

Yeah, it works.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: cycling through units - 3/19/2012 1:21:49 PM   
genehaynes

A very handy "undocumented" feature:)

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 5
RE: cycling through units - 3/19/2012 9:19:18 PM   
Keunert

there are tons of hidden gems!

(in reply to genehaynes)
Post #: 6
RE: cycling through units - 3/20/2012 12:26:17 AM   
genehaynes

Ok, first I admit that I'm old and easily confused. But after trying the < and > keys to cycle through units, I couldn't make sense of the cycling process.

For example:

Case Yellow / Army Grp B / 18th Army / X Corp / 227 Div, Ist reg - "<" key cycles to Eng, X Corp, Pressing "< " again cycles to Fliegerkorps V, Army Grp A???

Pressing ">" key with 227, Ist regiment selected cycles to OKH???

I couldn't figure out how to cycle through each regiment within a Division. I know I'm probably doing something wrong, but I don't know what.

The good thing is I'm really enjoying the game without using "next", "Previous" unit keys.

(in reply to Keunert)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Tech Support >> cycling through units Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI