Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer Corps
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/21/2012 8:42:25 PM   
bcgames

This mod provides an alternative for several graphics files that load at the beginning of the game.

Back-up your original files. Download the attachment and place it in the data/gfx folder of the main game directory. This is the logog.png file...

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/21/2012 8:44:22 PM   
bcgames

Download the attachment and place it in the data/gfx folder of the main game directory. This is the wallpaper_main.png file...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 2
RE: Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/21/2012 8:44:28 PM   
doomtrader

Another nice piece of artwork :)

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 3
RE: Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/21/2012 8:46:34 PM   
bcgames

Download the attachment and place it in the data/gfx folder of the main game directory. This is the wallpaper_loading.png file...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 4
RE: Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/21/2012 10:00:30 PM   
Rasputitsa

Another nice image, makes a good package. I am using 1600x900 and in the wallpaper_main.png file it cuts the troops off at the knees, is there an easy way to reprofile the images for wide-screen.

"We have to go from where we are, not from where we would like to be" - me

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 5
RE: Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/21/2012 10:43:43 PM   
Rasputitsa

Got Gimp up and running, used your image and managed to massacre it into 1600x900, looks good, thanks again.

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 6
RE: Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/22/2012 12:39:56 AM   
bcgames

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa

...I am using 1600x900 and in the wallpaper_main.png file it cuts the troops off at the knees, is there an easy way to reprofile the images for wide-screen.

That's an interesting question. It appears to me that the game is optimized for a 1024x768 px resolution presentation of these .png images. The actual image on the 2048x2048 .png file is 1600x1200 px. I'm wondering now if 1024x768 is still the "standard" computer screen resolution. I'm sitting here looking at two wide screen monitors...hmmmm...

Time to mess with things a bit. What did you do to get a satisfactory/better display?

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 7
RE: Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 - 2/22/2012 10:27:56 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

ORIGINAL: bcgames
quote:

ORIGINAL: Rasputitsa
...I am using 1600x900 and in the wallpaper_main.png file it cuts the troops off at the knees, is there an easy way to reprofile the images for wide-screen.

That's an interesting question. It appears to me that the game is optimized for a 1024x768 px resolution presentation of these .png images. The actual image on the 2048x2048 .png file is 1600x1200 px. I'm wondering now if 1024x768 is still the "standard" computer screen resolution. I'm sitting here looking at two wide screen monitors...hmmmm...

Time to mess with things a bit. What did you do to get a satisfactory/better display?

In Gimp, pull down from 'Image', select 'scale image', set resolution in pixels height and width, to scale image. Image I used was cut from your wallpaper_main.png, losing some from the top and bottom, to get near to widescreen. Pasted result back into your image, aligned on the top edge, that left a mess of doube image at the bottom, but the game screen only shows the top part of the image in my resolution. Not a neat solution, but it works.

(in reply to bcgames)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Design and Modding >> Art Mod: Loadscreens Set #2 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI