The scenarios that come with Distant Worlds sounded appealing so I figured I'd try one out.
Starting as a minor empire in an established galaxy sounded like interesting game-play. I always like the "humanity's first steps into space" operas so let's see if we can manage that. The scenario setup controls all the usual galaxy adjustments, but I've turned off DW and RotS story line elements.
I forgot to snap an image of the "welcome" screen, but we start as a Human Monarchy with 4 colonies.
Victory conditions are: 25% GDP, 25% Population, 25% Colonies, and Racial Conditions with an 80% threshold. For us Humans the Victory Conditions include:
* 20%: Destroy more enemy ships and bases than you lose
* 25%: Make Mutual Defense Pacts with 15% of all empires in the galaxy
* 25%: Control 33% of all Continental Colonies in the galaxy
* 15%: Earn the most trade Income in the galaxy
* 15%: Earn the most Tourist income in the galaxy
For those who care about such things, I'll be mostly relegating the AI to 'advisor'.
Coming soon ... "Boskarans, Legendary Pirates, and Silver Mist, oh my!"