Matrix Games Forums

The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch! Hell is now available!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> PBEM help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM help - 2/17/2012 5:47:36 PM   
CarnageINC

Okay I browsed the forum here to see how to get a email game going. Its kinda vague on how to do so. Here is what we did so far.

1. I entered BoB multiplayer game, selected a email game.
2. I entered a email name, I don't remember if it was mine or Reds name, and hit start turn.
3. Selected the campaign we're going to play and hit start
4. Since I'm the RAF and I go first to move stuff I did that and ended phase and saved under save 2 and sent off to Red
5. Received turn from Red under save 3. I don't know where to go from here.

I see it under saved gamed in the save 3 slot and can enter it and I'm the Luftwaffe player but no missions are visible. I go under multiplayer and there is no option to open a multiplayer file.

What I'm I doing wrong here?
Post #: 1
RE: PBEM help - 2/17/2012 7:06:16 PM   
cohimbra

You can try this: go under multiplayer then re-select your email name, go back
to load game and try again. Is an attempt, not a sure thing.
I finished yesterday a PBEM game and I have problem with the return save file,
but, when I cleaned all save-slot and recopy the save file, each time the game
run whitout problem. Good Luck!

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 2
RE: PBEM help - 2/17/2012 7:40:56 PM   
wildweasel0585

Your steps are correct. When playing PBEM games,there is no way you can view the other side because you'd get an error message saying something like user not authorized to view turn on this computer.If you can view the other player's side, then Redmarkus must have sent you a file from a game he started under the hot-seat option.

Redmarkus should be performing these steps when he reveives the turn from you http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2370911&mpage=1&key=�

The Raiding Player
(1) As the Raiding Player, When you receive the saved game from the Defending Player, copy it into your DAT/SAVE folder (after unzipping it, if necessary). Once you've copied it into your DAT/SAVE folder, open it up normally by going under Load Saved Game in the Start-up Screen.
(2) As soon as you open it up, it will begin to load, and then you will be prompted with the Multiplayer Screen to type in a Handle ID (just like in Defending Step 4 above). Type in an ID number/name and as soon as you finish, the game will continue to load.
(3) Once the game loads, you are taken into a Briefing Phase. Since this is the first Briefing Phase, it will be blank. Press "END PHASE" to enter your Raid Planning Phase.
(4) When you reach the Raid Planning Phase, plan your day's attacks. When you are finished, select "END PHASE" and the game takes you to the Save Game Screen. Save the game and then send it back to the Defending Player.
(5) When the Defending Player receives the file back, he should open it under Load Game, and then the Reaction Phase begins. The Defending player conducts the Reaction Phase normally, then his next Movement Phase, and then he will send the file back to the Raiding player, etc. until the game is finished.

The multiplayer button is only used for the person starting the game.Whenever receiving turns in PBEM games, all you have to do to open the turn is go to load saved game under Eagle Day if you're playing the Battle of Britain scenario and select the turn you recieved.

< Message edited by wildweasel0585 -- 2/17/2012 7:56:43 PM >

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!!

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 3
RE: PBEM help - 2/17/2012 8:52:54 PM   
CarnageINC

Thanks for the answers guys.  We'll give these suggestions and answers a try 

(in reply to wildweasel0585)
Post #: 4
RE: PBEM help - 2/17/2012 8:59:01 PM   
CarnageINC

Hmmmm....I keep opening up to the Luftwaffe players turn but with no missions shown.  Would getting the password or 'handle' wrong cause this, but you said it would give you a error prompt. 

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 5
RE: PBEM help - 2/17/2012 10:16:24 PM   
wildweasel0585

hmm odd. I've never had any problems like this with PBEM with me as the raider or as the defender. Do you both have version 1.02? If all else fails, start another game with another 'handle'.

THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!!

(in reply to CarnageINC)
Post #: 6
RE: PBEM help - 2/17/2012 10:40:38 PM   
cohimbra

I'm thinking about this and...are you sure that your opponent selected 'end turn' before send you his save?
Maybe he save his game and send you the file without ending his turn, then when you try to load the game,
you load the Luftwaffe turn.

(in reply to wildweasel0585)
Post #: 7
RE: PBEM help - 2/17/2012 11:00:41 PM   
CarnageINC

cohimbra, Red was sure he hit 'end turn'.  The more I think about this the more I'm convinced I messed up my handle.  I sent off a fresh turn to see if that works for us.  Again, thanks for the help guys.

(in reply to cohimbra)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> PBEM help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI