I am searching for good book that would have detailed armor schemes / diagrams for WWII tanks!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Apollo11

I am searching for good book that would have detailed armor schemes / diagrams for WWII tanks!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

In other words something like this (this is for IS-2):

If not book then some on-line source with diagrams like the above one for all warring parties...

Any ideas gentleman?

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
Walloc

RE: I am searching for good book that would have detailed armor schemes / diagrams for WWII tanks!

Post by Walloc »

Hi Apollo,

If u dont get any responce or exacly what you seek. I'd ask here.

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/

World of tanks forums. For some unknown reason alot of trackheads hang out there. [;)]

Hope it helps,

Rasmus
Apollo11

RE: I am searching for good book that would have detailed armor schemes / diagrams for WWII tanks!

Post by Apollo11 »

Hi all,

Thanks - I will look and ask there as well!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE
wosung

Post by wosung »

Niklas Zetterling, Anders Frankson, Kursk 1943: A Statistical Analysis
http://www.amazon.com/Kursk-1943-Statis ... 001&sr=1-3
(There's a much cheaper Paperback)

You'll find the complete English ed. here:
http://books.google.de/books?id=Xa6HLAh ... ng&f=false

Not 100% fitting b/c no armour details beyond front/side/rear, but:

pp. 58-73: Tank discussion
p. 210: Tank Data (Front/side/rear chassis and turret)
pp.213-215: Armour penetration capabilities (Ger/SU Tank guns/Pak vs Ger/SU Tank armour front/side/back at different distances and angels).

Regards

wosung
margeorg

Post by margeorg »

Hiya,

for german tanks, look at the book series by Walter Spielberger. He has volumes for the Tiger, the Panther, heavy and light AT hunters, the Panzer IV and the Panzer III. These books cover the chassis with all variants in greatest detail, including a lot of drawings.
Cheers
Martin

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”