Matrix Games Forums

Buzz Aldrins Space Program Manager is now available!Space Program Manager gets mini-site and Twitch SessionBuzz Aldrin: Ask Me Anything (AMA) on redditDeal of the week Fantasy Kommander: Eukarion WarsSpace Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Airline Empire AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Airline Empire AAR Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 4/30/2012 11:24:31 PM   
Mobeer

quote:

ORIGINAL: DC Air
O1
Hi Guys, I just noticed that my employee morale has dropped to less than 50% as the industry median pay has shot through the roof. I seem to remember this happening in R5 once. Anyone know why this happens??

Problem is the game uses the MEAN average. So if there are 300 airlines, of which 299 are paying $20/hr and one is exploiting a flaw in the web page to pay $30000000000/hr, the mean average is huge. The guilty airline can stay in business for quite a long time too.

Either properly fixing the maximum salary to $999/hr (as intended) or using an industry average based on median would fix the issue. But like all fixes, it needs testing.

(in reply to DC Air)
Post #: 751
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/1/2012 7:32:22 AM   
DC Air

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobeer

quote:

ORIGINAL: DC Air
O1
Hi Guys, I just noticed that my employee morale has dropped to less than 50% as the industry median pay has shot through the roof. I seem to remember this happening in R5 once. Anyone know why this happens??

Problem is the game uses the MEAN average. So if there are 300 airlines, of which 299 are paying $20/hr and one is exploiting a flaw in the web page to pay $30000000000/hr, the mean average is huge. The guilty airline can stay in business for quite a long time too.

Either properly fixing the maximum salary to $999/hr (as intended) or using an industry average based on median would fix the issue. But like all fixes, it needs testing.

Does that mean that when the asshole has finally gone the MEAN average will revert back to what it should be??

< Message edited by DC Air -- 5/1/2012 7:33:07 AM >

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 752
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/1/2012 11:36:52 AM   
2ndACR

Yep, that is exactly what it will do, everything will go back to normal.

The asshole is Alliance Air that is 1.5 billion in the red with no routes and no planes.

< Message edited by 2ndACR -- 5/1/2012 11:38:10 AM >

(in reply to DC Air)
Post #: 753
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/1/2012 3:34:08 PM   
DC Air

I don´t know if anyone give give me some tips but their is this guy in O1 who is really pissing me off on 1 route. I decided to overload the route with seats; drop my prices and take the loss hoping that it would reduce his occupancy to the point he would give up. However, everytime I added more seats I got more PAX and his occupancy never went down!!! Am I missing something here??

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 754
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/1/2012 3:39:53 PM   
chijohnaok

I would put forward the same arguement that I posted last time (R5 I think):

An airline that is paying and outrageous hourly wage that cannot be supported by that business for long.
The payroll checks would be bouncing eventually. Therefore, those employees would not be paid, and would leave to seek jobs elsewhere.
Reality provides a check on that in the real world. That check is not reflected in the game though.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 755
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/2/2012 5:35:08 AM   
chijohnaok

I have seen sometimes where the pax count gets pushed WAY over normal demaind. Perhaps low prices seems to bring out the occasional travelller. ;-)

I have noticed the same thing. Sometimes you make adjustments and they seem to defy your expectations. I tinker with the fares, see what happpens, and sometimes you just scratch your head, and move on to your next route.

(in reply to DC Air)
Post #: 756
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/2/2012 8:58:38 PM   
Mobeer

R2 - Australia is getting very busy, not helped by a growing airline in Indonesia with international flights. Fortunately rival airlines are mostly competing against each other. Some planes not flying and delivery delayed for others until I have more time free.

R4 - I can deploy jets as soon as they arrive. Need to switch some 737/A320 in to replace ATR on heavy traffic routes. So many passengers in Japan though that there is still no real competition.

R5 - lots of deliveries planned for the weekend. Who needs a life anyway. These planes will replace existing planes rather than expand. I expect Orbit will eventually overtake for 1st place as it is expanding whereas MEUS is standing still.

R6 - chijohnaok gave advice on using one of the Brazil airports with short runways. PRISM are playing about with this as the only airline flying long haul from that airport, but otherwise think that efforts in this world have to be cut back.

O2 - PRISM probably have the youngest CL-44 Yukon fleet in the game now. No real need to do anything for a few years as the reduced-size airline is in good shape. Slipping down the rankings slower than expected.

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 757
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/2/2012 11:23:08 PM   
Speedy

In R5 orbit is never ceasing to expand at a crazy rate. I agree by game he may well be number 1. I can probably get enough to stop Islas air and I'll take Jin air but at best I'll finish 3rd and maybe 4th

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 758
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/3/2012 6:54:52 AM   
chijohnaok

Mobeer, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR AUSTRALIAN COMPETITION????

I picked up a plane in the bin that had been repo'd from Quantas. He's ranked 300.

< Message edited by chijohnaok -- 5/3/2012 6:55:41 AM >

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 759
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/3/2012 7:36:01 PM   
Dixie

R2: I'm grabbing most of the long haul routes out of LTN courtesy of a nice load of used Yukons turining up on the used market.

R5: Expanding nicely, just a shame that Orbit keeps sending his damned planes onto my routes from the UK.

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 760
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/4/2012 12:28:03 AM   
Mobeer

quote:

ORIGINAL: chijohnaok
Mobeer, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR AUSTRALIAN COMPETITION????

I picked up a plane in the bin that had been repo'd from Quantas. He's ranked 300.

It's not me! Bolt is destroying the other Australian airlines. First SEA went, not Quantas is dying and soon there will only be MEUS, Bolt and a couple of minnows. Bolt is a little vulnerable now with a whole bunch of cash tied up in Airbus orders but everything MEUS has is flying profitable routes already.

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 761
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/8/2012 5:32:39 AM   
2ndACR

This is a war alert for R2 US members.............Really Decent Air is the target........he is spamming our routes big time.......the strike will occur several game months from now as we stockpile prop planes. We want this one to hurt and hurt really bad if not outright kill him.

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 762
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/8/2012 12:16:35 PM   
DC Air

Hi guys

Just to let you know that in O1 Reed Airlines is pissing me off big time. Everyday he is taking 4-5 M out of my DOP. This is making the game futile as I just can´t grow. I have PM him twice but he thinks it is a joke. I have decided to take him down. It will destroy me in the process but cést la vie!!

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 763
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/8/2012 11:43:29 PM   
Mobeer

Most time recently has been spent on R2, where MEUS are trying to take down Bolt. MEUS went on the attack on Saturday and (after a mutual price crash frenzy) managed to undercut Bolt until Tuesday AM, when Bolt struck back. MEUS hold the initiative once again though.

Current problem is that although Bolt growth has slowed considerably, that airline is still growing slowly. It managed to lease 30 new 747 yesterday without seeing it's value fall. Some more progress is needed in the next 10 days before Bolt get a window of opportunity.

(in reply to DC Air)
Post #: 764
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/9/2012 12:13:57 AM   
chijohnaok

Give 'em....heck

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 765
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/9/2012 12:48:54 AM   
2ndACR

Nope, I will take down Reed, DC, we need to PM in O1 and I will allow you to shift onto my routes while I shift those planes onto Reed's routes and I will hammer him into the ground.......I have been focused on R2 and R6 and have allowed O1 to sort of go idle. So I will undertake the mission to bring Reed to his needs and allow you the breathing room you need.

Start making a list of your affected route he is pounding you on, and we will shift your planes there onto mine and just swap them out.

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 766
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/9/2012 2:45:06 PM   
chijohnaok

I will be launching an op against Reed in O1. D-Day will be this weekend.

I intend to put a dent into him, and if need be, go out in a blaze of glory!

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 767
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/9/2012 8:25:29 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

This is a war alert for R2 US members.............Really Decent Air is the target........he is spamming our routes big time.......the strike will occur several game months from now as we stockpile prop planes. We want this one to hurt and hurt really bad if not outright kill him.

I should be able to bring half a dozen prop planes to the party, by October there will be at least eight available. If the used market throws out enough long haul jets then I can send some more across. He's only operating on a couple of 'my' routes and one of those is shared between several airlines.

Meanwhile, I'm climbing that ladder! Fly Yellow is the majority operator from several of the UK's mid sized airports.

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 768
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/9/2012 9:14:28 PM   
chijohnaok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

I should be able to bring half a dozen prop planes to the party, by October there will be at least eight available. If the used market throws out enough long haul jets then I can send some more across. He's only operating on a couple of 'my' routes and one of those is shared between several airlines.

Meanwhile, I'm climbing that ladder! Fly Yellow is the majority operator from several of the UK's mid sized airports.

I realize that you are across the pond, and as this is not an "open world", scenario, your hands are tied to a large extent.
Any assistance that you can provide on routes that Really Decent flies Ito your country would be most appreciated.
The beauty of our strategy is to hit and squeeze them from multiple angles. He would probably not expect anything on your end due to geography, so it still has an impact. Squeezing and impacting his income, regardless of where it comes from, will impact him.

Hit them hard and leave them dazed and confused.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 769
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/9/2012 9:38:08 PM   
chijohnaok

Also forgt to mention, congrats on your rapid climb up the ladder/rankings.

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 770
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/10/2012 12:40:59 PM   
chijohnaok

quote:

Tick tock, tick tock, tick tock..........

(in reply to 2ndACR)
Post #: 771
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/11/2012 6:24:29 AM   
chijohnaok

Operation against Really Decent will kick off Friday evening (US time).

2ndACR or myself will post something here when the time comes.

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 772
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/11/2012 7:06:25 AM   
Speedy

Don't think he's on any of my routes from Turkey so can only help in spirit

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 773
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/11/2012 7:49:16 PM   
chijohnaok

Dixie,

I noticed in R2 that Europa has leased 20 BAC Concordes.
He appears to be based out of Gatwick.
The Concorde has a range of around 3300 miles.
I would suggest that any route he places a Concorde on, you should counter with a CL-44 Yukon.
Concordes can barely make money on an empty route, much less one against fuel efficient prop planes like the Yukon.

You should not only be able to beat him in a head to head but if he is investing in 20 Concordes, he is most likely headed into a financial death spiral.

Good hunting!

(in reply to Speedy)
Post #: 774
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/11/2012 8:05:49 PM   
Dixie

Big dump of planes into the bin guys, B737-200. Grab em while they're hot

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 775
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/11/2012 8:14:29 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: chijohnaok

Dixie,

I noticed in R2 that Europa has leased 20 BAC Concordes.
He appears to be based out of Gatwick.
The Concorde has a range of around 3300 miles.
I would suggest that any route he places a Concorde on, you should counter with a CL-44 Yukon.
Concordes can barely make money on an empty route, much less one against fuel efficient prop planes like the Yukon.

You should not only be able to beat him in a head to head but if he is investing in 20 Concordes, he is most likely headed into a financial death spiral.

Good hunting!

Cheers for the heads-up, I've started scouting out his network. It looks like he's got plenty of Yukons running to the East Coast of the US, probably candidates for Concorde routes? When the time comes I'll send my spare Yukons to pay a visit.

I can still send some Yukons for the operation against really decent, but the numbers may be reduced a bit. Most of the planes are currently operating in order to keep the cash flow coming in. Should be able to manage two or three at the moment. Enough to cause problems on at least one route.

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 776
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/12/2012 1:31:42 AM   
chijohnaok

TORA TORA TORA!

Let the operation against Really Decent commence.

BANZAI!!!!!!!

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 777
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/12/2012 9:30:09 PM   
Mobeer

727, 737, dc-9 in quantity in r2 used bin

(in reply to chijohnaok)
Post #: 778
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/12/2012 9:47:48 PM   
Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobeer

727, 737, dc-9 in quantity in r2 used bin

Forget about the 727 and 737s someone has bought them

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 779
RE: Airline Empire AAR - 5/12/2012 11:29:43 PM   
Dixie

I bought almost 60 jets from the used bin, enough to fill any half decent routes from a couple of smaller UK airports as well as hit the major routes of a couple of annoying opponents. If wog airlines wants to send flights onto my routes and undercut me by $100 a ticket then I'm willing to send more planes back at him and undercut him some more As things stand I'm still sitting on a reserve of 20 planes, enough to fight of wog air and anyone else who thinks they can try and take over Luton....

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 780
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Airline Empire AAR Page: <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI