Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!Reinforcements on the Frontline!New shipping cost for European territories!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help in Attacking

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Help in Attacking Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help in Attacking - 2/15/2012 9:23:15 PM   
demjansk

Okay guys don't laugh. I play this game and right now I am having a problem when it comes to attacking my opponent. I for some reason have a brain lock on what to look at when trying to determine if its a good idea to attack my opponent. I am not sure of what to look at. Can someone direct me to a good thread or just reply to me in basic terms of what to look at on the map between my unit and the enemy?

Thanks for taking the time to look at this real basic question. I am attacking as soviets and losing a ton of troops while opponent loses maybe 25-100 soldiers.
Post #: 1
RE: Help in Attacking - 2/15/2012 11:19:30 PM   
randallw

You are attacking with poor quality troops.

(in reply to demjansk)
Post #: 2
RE: Help in Attacking - 2/16/2012 12:53:33 AM   
Farfarer

Your attackers need to be under the same Army HQ if possible, with 6+ MP remaining. Then you hold the shift key down and highlight all the attacking troops. The only "sure" attack under GG die roll system ( after may 1942) is Axis CV times 2000, attacked by 10 times that raw number of Soviet troops, with bombing first and decent SU support, and artillery divisions. You won't get this until late 1943, but if you are looking for the " 6:1" column from cardboard days, this is the closest I've come to figuring it out.

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 3
RE: Help in Attacking - 2/16/2012 10:21:29 AM   
Hermann

Depends on the time of year and what you hope to acheive.

early scenario prior to winter watch the enemy units carefully - if a unit has attacked you a lot in the previous turn he is now low on ammo. warm him up with a couple low odd attacks to soak up his remaing ammo then hit him hard a couple times and youll nail him. a lot of axis players set emselves up for this by attacking in circles find out whodone it and splash em.  Be aware of his supply/ammo situation and target specific units. any chance you have to hit minor units take the shot - its a morale issue, the lower his morale the easier to win. each win builds your own morale. you need 7 wins to gain gaurd status so watch your units victory/losses and husband the victorious ones carefully - keep em rested and out of harms way once they reach 7. gaurds have big advantages in weapons. look at your own troops before attacking - if your morale and supply are low you wont win.  key for the russian early is planning - choose a target unit on the enemy side and set up an ambush. make sure you have strong rested troops near where he will go - thats easy in this game with chokepoints and river crossings. work to spread the enemy out until the time is right then nail him. having units on train nearby helps - airdrop supply to the potential attacklers the turn before - check your commander for high initiative and combat ratings and when the german arrives be waiting for him.

(in reply to Farfarer)
Post #: 4
RE: Help in Attacking - 2/16/2012 10:30:41 AM   
demjansk

Thanks for the tips guys, appreciate it, I know how to do the attacks but its spring 1942 and all my units are still in the red for the most part in supplies., if i place my cursor over the enemy it shows me numbers but I am not sure of whether to attack or not. It's not as evident like in TOAW3,

(in reply to Hermann)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Help in Attacking Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI