Matrix Games Forums

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit TOE levels?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Unit TOE levels? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit TOE levels? - 2/15/2012 7:46:31 PM   
DivePac88

Hi Guys, wonder if you could help me with a consensus on blanket TOE levels?

Currently I use 75% as the base limit, as withdrawing units have to have 75% or above to leave the map. Then I generally use 80-90% for German ‘run of the mill’ units, and 90-100% for my crack infantry/panzer/panzergrenadier/SS units. While I use 80-100% for my satellite Allied units, depending on the Countries manpower levels.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
Post #: 1
RE: Unit TOE levels? - 2/15/2012 8:31:19 PM   
Q-Ball

You are playing Axis, right?

In 1941, I would set Artillery units to 50 or 60% TOE, just until early 1942. This is because you will have an armaments crunch later in 41, and this will relieve some pressure.

Other than that, I don't monkey with TOEs. I do set all SS, and most Panzer, to REFIT to get priority for replacements.

Set any unit due to withdraw in 10 or less turns to 80% though; no sense wasting it (I say 80, because you need a bit of a cushion; without it, if the unit is JUST below 75%, it will spend a turn on REFIT beyond your control, sucking up replacements to 100% TOE)

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit TOE levels? - 2/20/2012 5:39:58 AM   
DivePac88

Hi Brad, yes I am playing Axis. Thanks for the info, and I will definitely bump withdrawing units TOE up to 80%, and I will use your advice with the artillery SU's.

Thanks Des.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 3
RE: Unit TOE levels? - 2/20/2012 8:43:20 AM   
Speedy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

Other than that, I don't monkey with TOEs. I do set all SS, and most Panzer, to REFIT to get priority for replacements.

Set any unit due to withdraw in 10 or less turns to 80% though; no sense wasting it (I say 80, because you need a bit of a cushion; without it, if the unit is JUST below 75%, it will spend a turn on REFIT beyond your control, sucking up replacements to 100% TOE)

I also do this. Especially in 41 at least until Winter hits. Need your best units getting the most to be able to achieve the most!

WitE Tester
BTR/BoB Tester

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 4
RE: Unit TOE levels? - 2/20/2012 8:47:32 AM   
DorianGray

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

I do something very similiar.

I set all Mnt Units (across all nationalities) to refit.

I set anything with a morale of 89 or higher to refit

(in reply to Q-Ball)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Unit TOE levels? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI