Matrix Games Forums

More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patchNew Command Ops: Battles from the Bulge UpdateCommand gets a huge update!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

anti tank guns & movement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> After Action Reports >> anti tank guns & movement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
anti tank guns & movement - 2/14/2012 10:38:08 PM   
tinyb

Realism can make or break a wargame. Having recently purchased the game and have played several of its various scenarios and Campaigns I was very dissapointed to see that virtually all anti tank guns ie Pak 36, Pak 38 etc cannot be moved. Theses are light guns and were effective purely because of their ability to move. Also, whats the point of an 88 that cannot be towed. I would very much like to see in future patches both the abillity to tow and movement of the anti tank gun.

R R Bennett
Post #: 1
RE: anti tank guns & movement - 2/14/2012 10:43:57 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: tinyb

Realism can make or break a wargame. Having recently purchased the game and have played several of its various scenarios and Campaigns I was very dissapointed to see that virtually all anti tank guns ie Pak 36, Pak 38 etc cannot be moved. Theses are light guns and were effective purely because of their ability to move. Also, whats the point of an 88 that cannot be towed. I would very much like to see in future patches both the abillity to tow and movement of the anti tank gun.

Actually, the latest beta patch provides moveable AT guns for the PaK 36 and the Russian AT gun (not the larger calibre AT guns though).

We will be looking at incorporating towable guns in the game gme in the series.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to tinyb)
Post #: 2
RE: anti tank guns & movement - 2/16/2012 3:53:07 AM   
eggmansdaddy

I notice that there are a good number of improvements slated for later versions of the game. PC Ostfront took awhile to come out after the initial two PC titles, can we expect faster development and release cycles in the future? I know "it depends", but this game engine has immense potential and seems to be extremely open to user mods and the like, do you see a new game in the series being available soon?

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 3
RE: anti tank guns & movement - 2/16/2012 4:23:15 AM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: eggmansdaddy

I notice that there are a good number of improvements slated for later versions of the game. PC Ostfront took awhile to come out after the initial two PC titles, can we expect faster development and release cycles in the future? I know "it depends", but this game engine has immense potential and seems to be extremely open to user mods and the like, do you see a new game in the series being available soon?

I don't think we'll have the next game in the series done "soon". It's possible we may have an expansin mod or two available before we release the next game in the series. It's really too early to provide any specifics.

But we do have another beta patch that should be released soon though.

Thanks
Rick

(in reply to eggmansdaddy)
Post #: 4
RE: anti tank guns & movement - 2/16/2012 1:45:56 PM   
sztartur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Thanks
Rick

This is the evergreen topic with PCO.

Sorry Rick I just could not resist mentioning.

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.", Sun Tzu

(in reply to Rick)
Post #: 5
RE: anti tank guns & movement - 2/16/2012 6:24:17 PM   
Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: sztartur

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Thanks
Rick

This is the evergreen topic with PCO.

Sorry Rick I just could not resist mentioning.

No problem Artur! In fact, as I was typing it, it sounded kind of familiar to me, like I had maybe typed the same thing 'once or twice' before! LOL

thanks
rick

(in reply to sztartur)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> After Action Reports >> anti tank guns & movement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI